free website stats program Greets from Okie land 2008 FLHX with a problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Greets from Okie land 2008 FLHX with a problem

My level was hit when everything came to a stop ridding down the street. Sure was glad I was not further on down the road. Half a block with that beast is a push when you only weigh in at a buck 40 and 53 years young and sit on your ( EDIT ) for a living.

Heres to looking foward to motorcycle mustache soon.
My thanks to all who ponder

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing that confuses me... If I had power to start, take off and go say 200 feet why would it just die. Flat... Shouldn't Alt. have kept me running and then not had anything to restart with???

More confused all the time.

T-Ray

Batteries do not seem to give a warning any more. You could ride 300 miles pull in for gas and then no crank. Or go riding all day park for the night and no crank in the A.M. Battery dead. Go figure. You need a minimal voltage to keep ECM alive once voltage drops and vehicle shut off no crank.

Do you have Security Buttonless Fob system...could be the immobilizer "kicked in" due to a weak battery in the fob or weak proximity...(left it in the house or at your friends' house).

Just for grins you might want to check the engine start/stop switch to make sure you did not hit it by mistake. Next thing I would check is for a faulty ingition switch.

Thanks NEWHD74FAN for the return

It does have the fob security system and it is a 2 + year old bike, so...... Could very well be. That was one of the things on my list of things to pick up and replace in both fobs that day. Getting ready to get out and about and get a load test on the battery and pick up fob batteries.

Thanks for the idea of 'one more thing to check' !!!

T-Ray

Hey TripleJ

Got to laugh big time with that one. A brother of mine was with a bunch of us out in Eastern Oklahoma years back, and his bike just flat would not fire when we were going to leave camp. Long story real short, after much wrenching and head scratching he found he had forgotten to reach under and turn his kill switch back to run.
One of the first thing I did check just for that reason.

Thanks for the idea and the laugh. It is good to remember an old run.

T-Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Greets from Okie Land with a HEALTHY FLHX

Greetings to all and many thanks to all those who pondered !!!

And to the VICTOR - - - TWO FINGERS OF SINGLE MALT, Neat if you please.

Tore the fairing off and found a loose conection in the ignition switch.

Will put it all back together in the morning and Motor Cycle Mustache by noon.

Here's to a nice day where you can get out too.

T-Ray

Where there is a will there IS a bigger hammer ! !

And thanks again !!:D:newsmile075:

Got a PM from T-Ray today...

It turned out to be a bad connection on the ignition switch. Had to peel the hood off to get to and find and fix.

Thanks for pondering

T-Ray

Back