free website stats program Greeting from Northern Wisconsin | Harley Davidson Forums

Greeting from Northern Wisconsin

427dave

Greeting to everyone. Name is Dave and live in Northern Wisconsin. Ride a 2011Harley Triglide. Not riding right now as on m way home Friday from Door County a a few days of riding with buddies, my engine took a dump. Have no idea what happened except the weird thing was the oil pressure went from 30 psi to 60 psi and oil poured out the engine vents into the air cleaner. Did I leave a cloud of smoke. The dealer called, after I was towed in, and said I need a new engine or complete rebuild as compression reading 20 psi on both cylinders.

Good morning Dave Welcome to The Forum. sorry to hear about your mishap on the motor. A friend of mine had a similar deal happen and it was just a plugged oil filter.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. You may want to get a 2nd opinion from maybe an indy (not that I don't trust a dealership) :eek: Like joel said it could be a plugged filter or your oil pump went south on you.

How did it run prior to that? how many miles? If your compression was that low I would think you would have had an indication the engine was getting weak before the oil pressure issue. JMHO.

Welcome from N W Georgia.
Yeah, something doesn't sound quite right. Dealership may very well be trying to capitalize on your situation. Wouldn't be the first time its happened.

Welcome from So. Texas. Sorry about your troubles.As others have suggested, get a 2nd. opinion.
tourbox

Welcome to the forum from Scotland
My guess would be that some piston rings have failed allowing cylinder pressure past the piston into the crank case pressurising the crankcase forcing any oil there out through the breather
Not a common problem with modern engines and materials but did happen in the past

Brian

Back