free website stats program Greenlight stuff trigger | Harley Davidson Forums

Greenlight stuff trigger

173ABN

Anyone tried or know how well the Greenlight triger works. They are the gadgets that attach to the underside of your bike and help the traffic light know your sitting there.

Have not tried them. But I have found that if you stop with the engine on the left side of the spot cut out in the blacktop that 9 out of 10 times that will trigger it. Atleast here in southern indiana that is the norm.

PaPa T
Nam Viet

Have not tried them. But I have found that if you stop with the engine on the left side of the spot cut out in the blacktop that 9 out of 10 times that will trigger it. Atleast here in southern indiana that is the norm.

PaPa T
Nam Viet
Thanks PaPa T i'll give it a try.
Welcome Home Brother!!

I have had luck kicking out my jiffy stand .leave out 10 seconds then retracting .

I dont know how other state laws are but I know in Tennessee its legal for a motorcycle to run a red light that fails to turn green for the bike.

Run the light? I just checked the Tennesee on line manual becuase I will be traveling there in the fall. It does not mention anything about motorcycles proceeding thru the light, after stopping, if it does not turn green.

Here's all it says about Malfunctioning Traffic Light:

What to do when the light is out!

Tennessee state law requires that if a signal is not working, the intersection is to be treated as if it were a four-way stop intersection. Stop as you would if there were stop signs in all directions (This is covered in the Rules of the Road chapter). Do not proceed until it is safe. The right-of-way law says that if there are two or more vehicles at the intersection stopping at the same time, the driver on the left would yield to the driver on the right. The driver on the right who arrives first gets to go first. However, stay cautious and be sure it is safe to proceed even when you are in the first car to reach the intersection.

This is from page 41/42 of the online pdf.

Or was this what you were mentioning? If the light is working and a bike fails to trigger it, is that considered a malfunction? I can't find that reference. But I may have missed the paragraph. Could please post that info from the manual, with the reference pages.​

Last edited:
MIne seems to work great I used to get stuck at a light close to home,but now I pull up it changes very fast. If no traffic it change like right now I have to pay attention or I'll miss it! LOL. Illinois as of January of 2012 you can run a red light"if you wait long enough"I'm told the cops will right a ticket anyway "long is enough" is too ambiguous for most cops to grasp!!!???

MIne seems to work great I used to get stuck at a light close to home,but now I pull up it changes very fast. If no traffic it change like right now I have to pay attention or I'll miss it! LOL. Illinois as of January of 2012 you can run a red light"if you wait long enough"I'm told the cops will right a ticket anyway "long is enough" is too ambiguous for most cops to grasp!!!???
Scarlett,
Are you saying that you have a greenlight trigger and it works great?

Run the light? I just checked the Tennesee on line manual becuase I will be traveling there in the fall. It does not mention anything about motorcycles proceeding thru the light, after stopping, if it does not turn green.

Here's all it says about Malfunctioning Traffic Light:

What to do when the light is out!

Tennessee state law requires that if a signal is not working, the intersection is to be treated as if it were a four-way stop intersection. Stop as you would if there were stop signs in all directions (This is covered in the Rules of the Road chapter). Do not proceed until it is safe. The right-of-way law says that if there are two or more vehicles at the intersection stopping at the same time, the driver on the left would yield to the driver on the right. The driver on the right who arrives first gets to go first. However, stay cautious and be sure it is safe to proceed even when you are in the first car to reach the intersection.

This is from page 41/42 of the online pdf.

Or was this what you were mentioning? If the light is working and a bike fails to trigger it, is that considered a malfunction? I can't find that reference. But I may have missed the paragraph. Could please post that info from the manual, with the reference pages.​

The following is from the Tennessee Code Annotated (TCA) Motorcycle Laws

TCA 55-8-110(8)(b)

(b) Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, the driver of a motorcycle approaching an intersection that is controlled by a traffic-control signal utilizing a vehicle detection device that is inoperative due to the size of the motorcycle shall come to a full and complete stop at the intersection and, after exercising due care as provided by law, may proceed with due caution when it is safe to do so. It is not a defense to a violation of § 55-8-109 that the driver of a motorcycle proceeded under the belief that a traffic-control signal utilized a vehicle detection device or was inoperative due to the size of the motorcycle when such signal did not utilize a vehicle detection device or that any such device was not in fact inoperative due to the size of the motorcycle.

Back