free website stats program Green river tavern | Harley Davidson Forums

Green river tavern

bikerfishman

I could not remember the name of that tavern but went looking for it yesterday and ended up at the city hall in cumberland, thats a cool place but I guess the GRT has been closed for years.

I could not remember the name of that tavern but went looking for it yesterday and ended up at the city hall in cumberland, thats a cool place but I guess the GRT has been closed for years.

Biker tavern that is right above the Green River North of Cumberland... Used to be an old dive (biker bar), then remodeled bar and food restaurant, very nicely done$$$$. The place went onto becoming a bike parts n rebuild place, race dirt style.. Not sure what it is today... Stop next time I go past and PM you.

You probably went right next to the side road that takes you 1000' to the front door of the GRTav... The little bridge you crossed over the Green River when you headed to Cumberland, Looks right at the back side of the tav showing the large viewing windows and out door deck looking over the river,,, $$ spent on remodel 20? years ago...... Also running along front of the place is the rough paved road that takes you Down to Palmer, a quaint little village. Made-up of a bunch of houses/fish hatchery right along on the Green..Steelhead fishing a must!

Now the City Hall Tav gets the Biker Action along with the one up the highway from me called YELLA-BEAK (web page if you google)... Music and Bikes the theme here and "nicely done old-fashioned cowboy bar" with pool tables and Goo Food Specials all week long. Music on weekends.
The owner built the bar Just out of His Love for Harley style bikes and I'm Not sure if it makes $$ enough to make anybody rich.. You know wa. weather is a negative here for year around bikes.

signed....BUBBIE

Ya the GRT has been closed for years. We used to drink a lot of beers then ride our duel sport bikes in the Black Diamond hills. Now we are old...But, I do go to the City Hall on occasion after white water kayaking the Green River gorge and have hamburgers. They have good greasy burgers there.

I ride the Harley through the nice country roads out there too, nice ride on a sunny day. Remember the sun? I miss it....

Ya the GRT has been closed for years. We used to drink a lot of beers then ride our duel sport bikes in the Black Diamond hills. Now we are old...But, I do go to the City Hall on occasion after white water kayaking the Green River gorge and have hamburgers. They have good greasy burgers there.

I ride the Harley through the nice country roads out there too, nice ride on a sunny day. Remember the sun? I miss it....

The nice country is Just what we have here in Wa.,,, Down in Az. the High desert area, You have to ride a 300 mile day travel to make it like the 50/80 miles or so needed around here for a ride..
Man You are right this Time!!! TOO wet. I should be down in Az. 85/90 degrees... Sure miss that HEAT!

I want to sell and move there full time... Built a home down there and it is waiting.... Soon!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Back