free website stats program Green on my seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Green on my seat

dogdad

I rode in this morning from a ride and after parking my bike, I noticed something that looked like maybe mold or dusty substance on my seat. It was on one specific area where the hold on strap goes down on the side. I wiped it off with water ,,seems to have vanished. This is the lean down side of the bike(kickstand side). I dry my bike off every time I wash it,,and cover it with a bike cover. I treat my saddle bags with the HD leather stuff,,,maybe i should start hitting the seat also with it. Just don't want to slide on the seat. Anyone else ever have this concern arise?

take a rag with Pledge on it and wipe the side of the seat in that area and the underside of the strap!

You'll find that portions of the seats are vinyl and other parts leather. Both require a different treatment but can be taken care of with something like leather new or lexol available in many stores.

Green can also mean corrosion, remember there are staples holding the vinyl cover on as well as the metal hardware bits holding the seat strap under the seat which could leach out. You are also in a "humid" area of the country and the folds of the vinyl can trap water runnoff when washing or rain drenches the saddle. Oh yeah, the padding inside is closed cell foam, so if your saddle cover was not waterproof, you have a wet sponge for a seat...and probably growing culture like a petri dish...:small3d007:

Last edited:
Back