free website stats program Great service.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Great service....

Redman

I have been waiting to get back to you all on the 407F tire on the 09 touring models. I was in the dealership last week and had the service manager ride my bike for an unrelated issue. When he returned he said he had put my bike on the lift and noticed I had cupping. I went home and did a search for a new tire and came across many posts both here and on other sites that indicated that this was a problem for some but not all. So I called the moco and recieved a ref# that I took to the dealer yesterday. The gent who deals with these issues was off but they assured me that he would call me today and have me bring it in to look at. Bear in mind that the service manager had already confirmed this problem but I understand it is procedure. This morning I recieve an email that says this will not be covered as it is a rolling change due to tread direction and if I like they will replace for 166.80 and another 78.00 for labor. Keep in mind they have not inspected it today or called the moco for advice. So I called the moco and after explaining this all I got the limp wrist ( dont want to say what I really mean). Honestly...I have been riding for 30 years and although I love my ride I am amazed that the great american moco has such a terrible way of dealing with issues like this. Let me correct that...I am under the impression that depending on what dealer you go to you may get some service, great service or no service. There are people on this site who have had it replaced immediately under warranty and other(like myself) who dont even get the proper procedure. I was courteous and patient through all of this as I own my own business I understand that is the key to dealing with vendors and clients alike. Oh well. Makes me want to buy a dealership and be one of the few who does give a rats (self edit).

Redman:(

I guess I should add I didnt expect anything from this just figured if they were bad that I should at least try...20,000 for a new bike with a bad tire just doesnt pass the sniff test for me but I will gladly continue on with my cupping until I can feel good about dumping more cash into the FLHX. It reminds me of an old saying my pops used to have hanging on his boat...something like this: a boat is no more than a hole in the water you can poor money into. Oh well if nothing else this experience has served to make me aware of two things...dont expect much and that is what you will recieve and more importantly...become one and the same with the shop manual.:D

Big Lew thanks for the tip I think this may be the way to go. I truly appreciate your advice. John

Not sure what the warrentee says, but your spot on about the differant experiances with each dealer. I drove accross 2 states to buy my bike because that dealer didn't add a bunch of accessories and jack the price up. He leaves the bikes bone stock and doesn't hastel you. The local dealership is terrible when it comes to customer service. I try to avoid getting anything from them, but sometimes it is just too much hastel to go elsewhere.

Back