free website stats program Great ride in this morning | Harley Davidson Forums

Great ride in this morning

kzoo

Banned
So, woke up this morning and saw the weather. After multiple rainy days it is supposed to be sunny and 55 today. Decided on the scoot. Temp at leave time was around 35 or so and donned my leather, extra jeans, winter gloves with hand warmer pockets, boots and balaclava, helmet and headed out.

Had to fill up with gas ($4.09 per gallon) and headed to my first trip to the highway on my new to me Heritage. I have been avoiding the highway in favor of the back roads to work in the past, but decided to give it a shot. Took the entrance ramp, wound it up a bit through the gears to merge and settled in. Looked down and I was over 80mph! I guess these HD's like to run!

Backed it down a bit to keep up with traffic in the slow lane to about 70-75 and re-settled in. Nice and comfy. Very stable and easy to maneuver. Acceleration, even at 70 in 5th was good. Did my 20 miles on the highway and took my exit. Chilly fingers, but better than last week's frozen and burning feeling in them. City driving from exit to work. What a pleasure!

Now if I could only find an easy way to back it up into a parking space easily, I would have it made! Reinforces the fact that the world aint flat!!

Really looking forward to the ride home at 55 degrees. That will be my warmest ride yet!

Glad to see there are more of us out there braving the 30's for the ride in! I do almost 70 miles on highway to get into the base. Left the house yesterday at 33 degrees on my superglide.....no windshield either! Coldest I have ever been but still smiling the whole way! 57 degrees on the way home was worth the numb hand and feet on the way in!

No windshield here either. Sometimes, if it is in the 20's, I will put those small hand warmers in my boots to keep the toes toasty! Fingers are still a bit of a problem, but I am too cheap to buy heated gloves. I might try hand warmers in the palm of the glove to see if that helps. The liner pocket is on the back of the hand, and it works fairly well if you keep your fingers straight...hard to do riding.

Highway was not nearly as fun as the back roads. Shorter though.

Any day you can ride to work is a great one & 30's are a bit chilly indeed. You'll need to take the "long route" home tonight, if temps/other half allows...;)

Ride safe!

I am riding mine in to work today also. 22 miles one way. Been waiting for the salt to get off the roads.The few days it rained so I am good to go.

Looked down and I was over 80mph! I guess these HD's like to run!

I found out the same thing on my '05 Heritage. What a ride! Wish I had given up those metrics long ago.

Hey kzoo they are calling for 70's sat and 80's sunday so the warmer weather is coming i have been riding mine too.Just watch out for the cages they are not used to seeing us agan they have to be retrained stay safe Bubba

Good to see you all back in the wind Be safe , Let the Cages get used to seeing you again:s

Back