free website stats program Great day | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Great day

It is in the mid 70s today. Out running errands before work.
I'm seriously thinking of blowing off work and just riding all day.

Broke a record and hit 60 the other day, did I go riding, heck no. The pot holes are so bad, we need a good rain to wash all the salt,cement and gravel off the roads. My tax dollars are paying to fix these roads. Four guys and a truck. Three guys sit inside the cab, while the rookie shovels cold patch into the holes. Now, do they take the time and compress it down into the 2 foot hole, heck no. They let the cages and if I wanted to ride, the bikes pat it down, knocking paint off the underside and panels. We need weather in the 40's before the roads around start to clean off and they finish putting a bandage on a cut that won't heal.

75 degrees in Nawlins, LA today. Rode to the Harley shop in Slidell on the north shore and then put about 150 miles on it taking the long way home. I'm not sure how many more times I can sell my wife on the fact that I got lost:D

Broke a record and hit 60 the other day, did I go riding, heck no. The pot holes are so bad, we need a good rain to wash all the salt,cement and gravel off the roads. My tax dollars are paying to fix these roads. Four guys and a truck. Three guys sit inside the cab, while the rookie shovels cold patch into the holes. Now, do they take the time and compress it down into the 2 foot hole, heck no. They let the cages and if I wanted to ride, the bikes pat it down, knocking paint off the underside and panels. We need weather in the 40's before the roads around start to clean off and they finish putting a bandage on a cut that won't heal.

I feel for you. I used to live in Western New York and remember those days well.

Back