free website stats program Gratuitous Product Endorsement | Harley Davidson Forums

Gratuitous Product Endorsement

FerrousBueller

I managed to pick up a pair of used saddle bags made by: Leather Pros.

They were very helpful even though they didn't have to be. When I bought them, the previous owner sold the attachment hardware with the bike. Garry at LP got the hardware out to me in a reasonable amount of time, and for a good price.

Leather exterior with ABS reinforcement inside. Lockable and expandable.
ferrousbueller-albums-leather+pros+saddle+bags-picture9801-the_beauty_shot.jpg

This pair is part of their #LP3200 series, it should do all I need it to do.
ferrousbueller-albums-leather+pros+saddle+bags-picture9797-these_bags_part_of_their_mp3200_series_should_be_all_i_need_for_the_next_trip.jpg

Straps over top of bag might come in handy, it's part of the design.
ferrousbueller-albums-leather+pros+saddle+bags-picture9794-straps_in_use_for_jacket_storage.jpg

Interior detail shows lever locking mechanism. A flap of material covers this up when you're using bags. One lever on each side can be padlocked from the inside. A light touch is all that's required to install and remove bags
ferrousbueller-albums-leather+pros+saddle+bags-picture9793-attachment_levers_are_inside_the_bags_nothing_is_exposed_when_bags_are_closed_padlocks_can_be_used_on_one_of_these_levers_for_more_security_a_vinyl_flap_covers_all_the_hardware_after_installation.jpg

This is what's left when bags are off. It took longer to collect the tools ( rachet, Torx drive, hex drive, and blue Loctite ) than it did to do the install.
ferrousbueller-albums-leather+pros+saddle+bags-picture9802-clever_mounting_buttons_are_all_that_is_visible_when_bags_are_removed.jpg

There are a couple more pictures with a few more details here: Leather Pros Saddle Bags

Cheers!
Ferrous

Sweet and nice of you to share the pics. Job well done and the bags look great :s
WAP.gif

It took longer to collect the tools ( rachet, Torx drive, hex drive, and blue Loctite )

I had to laugh at this, isn't that the way it usually goes when something is really good. Nice addition!

I.ve had the LP 4000 from Leather Pro. on my Fatboy since Dec, and have been extremely happy with them.

It took longer to collect the tools ( rachet, Torx drive, hex drive, and blue Loctite )

I had to laugh at this, isn't that the way it usually goes when something is really good. Nice addition!

Many times I'll wait for enough projects to stack up before I dig out the tools. Saddle bags couldn't wait!

I.ve had the LP 4000 from Leather Pro. on my Fatboy since Dec, and have been extremely happy with them.

Your saddle bags must be HUGE! Got Pictures?

Under my name on the left side of the post.

4000 series- 13" tall, 21 1/2" overall length. For volume comparison, the 3000 series holds 30 twelve ounce beverage cans or 1175 cubic inches per side, the 3200 series holds 32 cans or 1275 cubic inches, and the 4000 series holds 40 cans or 1500 cubic inches

I like the design of straps over top of bag! Save space!!! Thanks for sharing!

I know, simple but smart! You are welcome!

Under my name on the left side of the post.

4000 series- 13" tall, 21 1/2" overall length. For volume comparison, the 3000 series holds 30 twelve ounce beverage cans or 1175 cubic inches per side, the 3200 series holds 32 cans or 1275 cubic inches, and the 4000 series holds 40 cans or 1500 cubic inches

Uh, Um, Yeah, I knew that, right under your name... if I had only thought to look there (I didn't). Duh! Do you have any complaints about your bags, anything you would change? Other members here might want to know.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back