Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
Wow, I topped my bike off with Sunoco 93 the other day and the bike didn't seem to run as good as before I fueled it and actually was pinging.. I just topped it off with 1.5 gallon. Now, I think I realize what is going on.

The pumps I use are single hose pumps and the guy/gal before me obviously due to high price of fuel is putting in the lowest octane and cheapest fuel he/she can use. Now I come along and use same hose to top my bike off with 93 and I am actually getting the cheap fuel that is in the hose all the way back to where it mixes the fuel at pump. That could be a half gallon or more of cheap low octane fuel that I am paying top dollar for. This is crazy. I think I am gonna start fueling at stations with separate fuel nozzles. AM I NUTS?:bigsmiley22: Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Wow, I topped my bike off with Sunoco 93 the other day and the bike didn't seem to run as good as before I fueled it and actually was pinging.. I just topped it off with 1.5 gallon. Now, I think I realize what is going on.

The pumps I use are single hose pumps and the guy/gal before me obviously due to high price of fuel is putting in the lowest octane and cheapest fuel he/she can use. Now I come along and use same hose to top my bike off with 93 and I am actually getting the cheap fuel that is in the hose all the way back to where it mixes the fuel at pump. That could be a half gallon or more of cheap low octane fuel that I am paying top dollar for. This is crazy. I think I am gonna start fueling at stations with separate fuel nozzles. AM I NUTS?:bigsmiley22: Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Check out this post.:D

BRAND Of Fuel Poll - Harley Davidson Community

Here in Alberta Canada all we can get is 91 but on the west coast around Vancouver you can get 93

I have only seen 91 at CA stations; usually buy from cheapest place. Right now that is around 3.57 a gallon.

Back