free website stats program Gracious? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gracious?

Maybe I WAS a little harsh, but the guy after doing the deed, continued at a high rate of speed passing cars, etc. and only was come upon again at the gas station, net result: high speed reckless driving and fortunately "wreckless driving", and unfortunate to meet him again.

Yes he said he was sorry and used the excuse "--I didn't see you" we have all heard before. But hey saying sorry is easy, and not an excuse to continue errant behavior or to drive badly. No, he did not make any points with me or HD Don...! Like I said, harsh, but at least he kept a cool head as I would have...and yes I probably would have accepted the apology and not said anything, but then I am not as creative at forming my words as HD Don did under stressful conditions...

Last edited:
I to have done some reflecting after reading the responses, and I have to admit that some of you have a valid point when you say to accept the apology. When we ride we accept that our sport has inherent dangers, and for most of us we try to midigate them by trying to become better riders. Having said that, the motorist who almost succeeded in ending a nice days ride, was not expecting to cause me any trouble when he woke up that morning. A chance encounter that should have made both of us take notice that things can happen in a heartbeat. Maybe some of you and my wife are correct and I should have graciously accepted the apology. I still think that when you come very close to causing an accident and are fortunate enough that the other rider/driver can avoid it, you need to be made very aware what the outcome might have been. Thanks for all the thoughtful post.

This is only my second forum, and I don't think it can get much better than this one.

I to have done some reflecting after reading the responses, and I have to admit that some of you have a valid point when you say to accept the apology. When we ride we accept that our sport has inherent dangers, and for most of us we try to midigate them by trying to become better riders. Having said that, the motorist who almost succeeded in ending a nice days ride, was not expecting to cause me any trouble when he woke up that morning. A chance encounter that should have made both of us take notice that things can happen in a heartbeat. Maybe some of you and my wife are correct and I should have graciously accepted the apology. I still think that when you come very close to causing an accident and are fortunate enough that the other rider/driver can avoid it, you need to be made very aware what the outcome might have been. Thanks for all the thoughtful post.

This is only my second forum, and I don't think it can get much better than this one.

That's because this is the best forum!
Keep comin' back, you sound like a credit to our brotherhood! :s

Back