free website stats program Grab Rails and H-D Adj Backrest, Fit Ok? | Harley Davidson Forums

Grab Rails and H-D Adj Backrest, Fit Ok?

ChristoHD

I am considering the grab rails for my Ultra Classic - my little 6YO Daughter loves to ride with me, and since I changed seats I had to remove the strap. So to appease the Mrs. I need to put a set of grab rails on.

I have a 2009 UC, with the low reach seat AND H-D adj backrest - anyone know if this combo will work?

I am looking at the Harley-Davidson Passenger Grab RAIL- 97026-09 & Drag Specialties Passenger Hand Rails.

TIA to any and all who can help this n00b out.

Kuryakyn makes a couple of different passenger armrests for touring models. They provide some lateral support, could be used to strap in? They are kind of pricey, but with something as precious as your cargo, may be worth looking into.

Kuryakyn makes a couple of different passenger armrests for touring models. They provide some lateral support, could be used to strap in? They are kind of pricey, but with something as precious as your cargo, may be worth looking into.

Not a bad idea really, I will look into those - do you happen to know the part# or have a link? Thanks for your feedback!

And yes, nothing costs too much when it comes to the safety of the cargo, you are so dead-on about that! :bigsmiley12:

TQuentin1,
Thank YOU! LOL I just realized that this was you who referred me to your thread, so I asked you a question in your thread - thanks for the reference! :)

Good pictures BTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked you a question in your thread - thanks for the reference! :)

Take your seat off and compare what you see with the pix I posted. On mine with the grab rail already there, all I had to do was to take the nuts off of the rail, install the backrest mounting kit and resecure the nuts on the studs holding the grab rail and the mounting kit secure. The instructions did cover your model year, so I think the kit will work for you too.

TQ

Take your seat off and compare what you see with the pix I posted. On mine with the grab rail already there, all I had to do was to take the nuts off of the rail, install the backrest mounting kit and resecure the nuts on the studs holding the grab rail and the mounting kit secure. The instructions did cover your model year, so I think the kit will work for you too.

TQ

Where did your thread go? I click on your link and I get the bad limk error message and that I should let an admin know...?

I did a search and it won't come up either... wha happened?

Back