free website stats program Gps | Harley Davidson Forums

Gps

bikerdad

I am thinking about purchasing a GPS but I don't want to spend a fortune. I don't know if I need bluetooth or not, I was thinking about a wired headphone. Anybody have any suggestons or recommendations?

I use a tomtom one on mine i dont care to hear it talk but witht he volume cranked up 50% + i can hear it at 55 no problem

I purchased a Zumo 550 and it's been awesome for sure! But I could see where a TomTom would be just as good if you don't need all the bells and whistles.
UglyJohn

got a garmen at walley world for $69 day after xmas. not a big screen but would be great for bike. it doesnt have bluetooth but picture is easy to see in fairly bright light.

Check into getting a refurbished model. There are several Garmin models suitable for a motorcycle that can be had for under $200. The discontinued 2610 and 2720 street pilots are good examples. Try "Get Feet Wet" as a source as they have pretty good prices.

zip lock bag makes um pretty water proof while not super fly sure a lot cheaper then 500$

I am thinking about purchasing a GPS but I don't want to spend a fortune. I don't know if I need bluetooth or not, I was thinking about a wired headphone. Anybody have any suggestons or recommendations?
I'm not gonna suggest what one to get but I will suggest a place too look. I buy a lot of stuff from these guys. My computer was built with parts from these guys, and I've spent hundreds of dollars on other stuff, and never had a problem and they're always fast, reliable and have great prices.

Newegg.com - GPS, GPS Receivers, GPS Navigation, GPS Accessories, GPS Systems, Handheld GPS, Automotive GPS, Marine GPS, Outdoor GPS, Tomtom, Garmin, Mio, Magellan, Navigon, TTS, High-sensitivity receiver GPS

GPS deals are always coming up. I use the Tom-Tom only because it is simple to operate, their 130S or 140S will call out street names rather than just turn by turn...and are about $150 (I have seen them on sale for $130). That said, the volume is pretty low, and speaker faces the wrong direction...so a fairing or quiet location to reflect the sound back to the rider is important. Bluetooth feature is expensive...adds another $150 to the price of admission.

Beside the Zumo which disigned for Bikes, are others gps suitable? shock/vibration problem?. I have Garmins two on my boat and one on my car but they are not for bike and I really don't wanna find out the hard way, if I can get an el cheapo gps that may work on bike, that's would be great. Where do you mounted it, handle bar, windshield ?.

Based on the information I got here, I just bought a refurbsihed Garmin Nuvi 750. I'll try it this weekend on the bike if I get my mount in time.

Back