free website stats program GPS Through radio | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS Through radio

I have a Bluetooth enabled Tom Tom GPS and a new Bagger with radio.
Anyone know of a way to get the GPS to communicate through the radio via bluetooth?

I'm not 100% sure but I think Harley's with the XM radio module have bluetooth as well. Obviously if you don't have it already it will be pricey. Someone probably sells a 3rd party module or replacement stereo that can do it. Alternatively you could just get a car visor type of clip-on bluetooth device that will work through your fm radio.

With everything else we have to contend with ie Crazy drivers ect... I have always thought it would be great to hear GPS navigation through earplugs, or speakers and then be able to keep our eyes on what's going on around us.... :D

With everything else we have to contend with ie Crazy drivers ect... I have always thought it would be great to hear GPS navigation through earplugs, or speakers and then be able to keep our eyes on what's going on around us.... :D

With the new SENA SMH10 headsets I received last night you can do exactly that :D

Bluetooth Stereo Headset and Intercom for Motorcycles - SMH10

Have not used them on a ride yet but will soon enough I hope.

I have a garmin nuvi 750 and it plays on unused fm stations.but not all gps will do this.goes to headset are speakers.works great.it also plays mp3 files.books,music,etc..they are way down in price now .older model.has a 4.3 inch screen and there is a mount make for them. .good luck

I have a garmin nuvi 750 and it plays on unused fm stations.but not all gps will do this.goes to headset are speakers.works great.it also plays mp3 files.books,music,etc..they are way down in price now .older model.has a 4.3 inch screen and there is a mount make for them. .good luck

I have a 750 also. The FM is not that good. I just run a cord between the gps and radio. Use the AUX radio setting and play music off the sd card thru the speakers.

If you have a Road Tech Zumo, HD has an interface that installs in the fairing that silences the radio, when the GPS is giving audio instructions. I'm sure you don't want to buy a new Zumo, but I guess it's an option.

Hi everyone
I own the Sena SMH10. I learnt about it here.. It's wonderful and def works as promised.

Their new model is the SPH10 for 1/2 helmets.. But no news on it yet.

The only other way is to hook the male audio plug from Nav unit into Aux ug of bike.. But that means ALL u will hear is the Nav and not the radio. Frankly, my next bike will have it installed @ factory.
WAP.gif

Back