free website stats program GPS,Saving a Destination into Saved Folder | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS,Saving a Destination into Saved Folder

NEORACER

would like to know how to save a destination on a 2014 Tri-Glide like you can on my other GPS's as favorites

also does anyone know what the latest software up grade actually does,someone says it made some changes within the gps but cant see any difference from before

Harley has a basic training video at the following link. It's not the most comprehensive but it's a place to start.

Boom! USA

A saved address will go to your saved folder and can be accessed in that folder. Routes created in Ride Planner (or elsewhere) will be imported to "Where To"/"More"/"Trips". Note that the Infotainment Center calls routes trips and other than the start and end of a route, way points are called via points.

This step by step was posted in another forum.

How to save an address on Infotainment system

I have seen several posting requesting info on how to save locations on the GPS. Since Harley hasn't provide instructions there has been a lot of confusion. Somehow or another I stumbled across a process that works for me and decided to share.

1. Select WHERE TO on navigation home screen
2. Select ADDRESS
3. INSERT ADDRESS and select OK
4. You will hear "the route is being calculated"
5. Select the MENU BOX
6. Scroll down to SAVE
7. Select SAVE
8. When screen changes select SAVED
9. Screen will change to "save destination in address book, yes or no"
10. Select YES
11. Enter name screen will appear
12. Type name
13. Select OK
14. Select EXIT

This may sound complicated but it really is not. To verify that the location is saved:

1. Go to the navigation home screen
2. Select WHERE TO
3. Select SAVED
4. Scroll down and your location will be there

There is a different way to enter a location into the Saved folder that some may find easier. I used the screenshots for a different presentation but I can make it work here.

As the first screen shot shows, press the compass soft key and then press the menu. That will take you to the second screenshot. While I highlighted Import, you want to select Location. That will give you your location in latitude & longitude coordinates. This would be very useful when you don't have the address or don't want to spend the time entering it. Then, give it a name and press OK.

Attachments

• Capture 1.jpg
    Capture 1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 8
Back