free website stats program GPS Power on Fatboy | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS Power on Fatboy

Big ugly power adaptor is better looking than smoke escaping from the sat nav, as i am sure you are aware once the smoke escapes from the electronics you cant get it back in there :p

Brian

have done a few smoke shows in the past.:D:D:D all this should fit under the seat though so that's a good thing. did you get your grass cut?

Grass is cut and planted some new seed at the front of the house but i had to go for some new seed fits in the saddlebag so i used the bike and went to the furthest away place to buy grass seed that i could think of without being stupid so i got 60 miles in :)
weather is supposed to be good again in the morning so ill wash bike then car then ride bike

Brian

Grass is cut and planted some new seed at the front of the house but i had to go for some new seed fits in the saddlebag so i used the bike and went to the furthest away place to buy grass seed that i could think of without being stupid so i got 60 miles in :)
weather is supposed to be good again in the morning so ill wash bike then car then ride bike

Brian

sounds like a busy day glad you got a ride in. enjoy your ride tomorrow. with luck i will get a ride in tomorrow evening

You can pickup one of this 12V plug with USB output...I think it was $5-$7 at your local drugstore or electronics store, then buy a USB to USB Mini plug from 99c Store or similar, if for your GPS, Cell Phone, Headset accessory uses the USB mini nowadays and you should be fine.

tn845s3.jpg

I did MacGyver up a solution.

I got a cigarette power unit from Radio Shack and I soldered the end of a battery tender cable on. (Then can plug in on side).
I took a sham-wow like towel and glued on some magnets.
Then I mounted the power unit to the towel, wrapped it up and glued velcro strips to close it all up.

Since I will only need this when I ride with my GPS I just plug the harness to the battery, mount the magnets to the tank and plug her in.

Seems to work just fine. Cost maybe $20 total.

Attachments

• Cig Power.jpg
    Cig Power.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Magnets.jpg
    Magnets.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 8
  • Hidden Wires.JPG
    Hidden Wires.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Bike Plug-in.JPG
    Bike Plug-in.JPG