free website stats program GPS mounting position | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS mounting position

I use the regular suction cup mounting system attached right on the keyless fuel cover; no problems at all. I also use just the regular nuvi (750), I'm not worried about the sound, just glance at it every now and then when necessary. when you stop, just trhow it in the tour pack & lock it up!

I am a little late to the party, but here is my setup. The GPS is on the right. Most of the rigs are from Cycle Gadgets.

IMG00102-20100827-1025.jpg

Gadgets are good! :s
BTW, what is mounted on your left handlebar?
My problem is, I always worry about theft every time I walk away from the bike. My GPS, which is mounted like yours is, I place my helmet on when I go into a store for a short while. I figure, out of sight, out of mind.

Gadgets are good! :s
BTW, what is mounted on your left handlebar?
My problem is, I always worry about theft every time I walk away from the bike. My GPS, which is mounted like yours is, I place my helmet on when I go into a store for a short while. I figure, out of sight, out of mind.

It's the LCD display for my PC-V. I have it configured for Speed, RPM, AFR (front and rear), Engine temp, Throttle position, and battery voltage. (My other "performance monitor" is a Kuryakyn LED Battery gauge that I located just above the OEM battery gauge.)

I put all 3 in my tour pak when I am concerned about their security.

:D

I have to admit, I thought the same.. I have less stuff in my car :)

I have less in my car too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Ram mount but ended up not using it. I didn't want the thing bolted to the handlebars because I don't use my garmin all the time.
I ended up just using the suction cup/mount on the Tach. I also put a little 'lan line' from the mount to my windshield fairing ( middle) with a snap clip ( put a little hole in the bag) This way, if the suction cup ever failed, the GPS would just hang from that little line. So far, and with many miles, the suction cup has not failed. I like the fact that, when stopped, I just remove the whole unit in seconds. This works for me.

Here is where i choose to install my TomTom "iQ routes Europe" (a car model).
I used short ram mount + TomTom One V4 plastic receiver (the square part which hold the GPS)

I first installed it on the handlebar but i couldn't hear the voice which was fading in the wind.

In the central position, the sound is much more "hearable".

p1030375.jpg

( new post because i couldn't edit my previous post due to time restriction)

... and here is the ram "bowl" that remains in place when i remove the other ram parts.
That was strange at the beginning but now i'm used to see it like that and i now what it stand for.

the only bad effect is at hiddle speed, the GPS move up and down due to motor vibrations but that disappear passed 1500 rpm.
p1030172h.jpg

Back