free website stats program GPS good/bad ? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS good/bad ?

btw... if you have a Nuvi 200,250,260, or 270 and you are looking for an inexpensive handlebar mount, this one from Garmin works really well. When not in use, the whole bracket slides off the retainer plate just leaving a very small black clip on the handle bar. Very low profile. Straps down tight with the wire ties, wont scratch the bars.

Garmin nuvi Handlebar Mount at REI.com

2nd the thumbs up on the Garmin 550. I have the unit hooked into the Ultra's radio so I get directions via voice. I can use the trip planning software that comes from Garmin to plot out some really cool routes and take several hours driving them. The Garmin very seldom leads me astray. The "home" option is great in that if you are truly lost, one button will set up the route back home for you.

I've put on 12,000 miles so far in 2009 and use it on all my long trips. The XM radio is a great feature as it stays tuned to your station no matter where you are (except going through areas with dense tree overhang

My GPS setup is pretty "spartan" but being a Sporty owner who believes in the minimum...here is the basic TomTomOne $120 (in plastic baggie), Küryakyn Chrome Removable Mount & Clamp $39, HD Acc Plug $19 wired to fused Battery Tender pigtail $9...:D Excuse the clutter, but was cleaning up...:no

DSCN0788-1.jpg

Back