free website stats program Governer on 88 motor | Harley Davidson Forums

Governer on 88 motor

Hog 1

Been reading a few posts and responded to the top speed of your bagger thread, but can you over wind the motor between shifts and blow it up, or do they have a governor on them? Mine has the fuel injection. 2006 88ci motor.

Just curious. Thank you.

Important thing is to never set a rev limit above 6200 on a B motor because of the balancers, the sprocket could slip timimg. Hobbit when you do a stage one using a TFI does the rev limit go to 6200 like a normal stage one or just stay stock??? I know the local police dept. that I installed race tuners on enjoyed the raise in the rev limit even being a stock bike, they felt like there was extra perforamce.

I have to respectfully disagree with you a little here Smitty, and so would the entire Pocatello police department, they are not aloud to open there pipes or intakes but they love having the rpm's. Haven't you had a bike hit a brick wall at say 98 mph on the interstate, that drives me crazy even though I don't go over 100 mph "all" the time a lot of the friends I ride with do, and the other advantage is up shifting thru gears, although I don't always hit red line, with a cam if your running someone it can win it or loose it for you. Am I a aggressive rider, I think I'm average, maybe even slow compared to some of my friends. But you never have enough rpm's, unless you ride a V-Rod:D

OK, If I open it up no worries with the power train. Thanks!

I can't say not to worry; but on my 06 with an Andrews 27G and race tuner I am still pulling at 6200... I think they actually bumped the limiter up at 6500.

I can't say not to worry; but on my 06 with an Andrews 27G and race tuner I am still pulling at 6200... I think they actually bumped the limiter up at 6500.
safe limit is 6500 for rubber mount & 6200 for balanced motors.

Back