free website stats program Got the Tfi | Harley Davidson Forums

Got the Tfi

SixPak

Got the TFI from STEVE07 yesterday. Gonna try to install it today. I'm not a friend of electrical things so wish me luck. Thanks so much Steve.

Got the TFI from STEVE07 yesterday. Gonna try to install it today. I'm not a friend of electrical things so wish me luck. Thanks so much Steve.

Easy you can get a PDF from the site for the install:s

I just bought one from jersyjim off the for sale posts this site. Was gonna buy steves but he said wouldnt fit my bike. So I will need to look these links too when it comes in

All I can say is; Wow! Installation was nice and simple. Set pots to what is recomended then went for a short 40 min ride in stop n go and open road traffic. What a difference. Throttle response is better, has better power, no no decel pop, and runs cooler. Way better perfomance. I now what you all were talking about. Thanks again Steve. :bigsmiley24:

All I can say is; Wow! Installation was nice and simple. Set pots to what is recomended then went for a short 40 min ride in stop n go and open road traffic. What a difference. Throttle response is better, has better power, no no decel pop, and runs cooler. Way better perfomance. I now what you all were talking about. Thanks again Steve. :bigsmiley24:
Glad to hear that you are more than satisfied. I am anxiously awaiting mine as I type this.

Great addition to the motor/bike & now you're good for current set-up & any future mods. Also fun to tinker every now & then...enjoy!

I installed a TFI on my Ultra on Saturday. Took a while as I had to remove the seat and gas tank. Under the tank of the Ultra there is a plastic channel that the wining harness runs in. I wanted to install the wires from the TFI in that channel to ensure they are protected from hot surfaces. Everything fit well, install went well. Started the bike up and all of the LEDs did what they were supposed to do. Checked the settings, everything checked good. I put the seat on and went for a test ride.
Took the bike out into the twisties today and was able to notice the bike is more responsive, and there is a big difference in the amount of heat coming off the CAT.
Overall very happy with the product.

Back