free website stats program Got the bike back from the dyno | Harley Davidson Forums

Got the bike back from the dyno

barttoday

Got my bike back from the dyno today. Here's the numbers and specs. I'm a little disappointed with my HP numbers, but that's the trade b/w the low down torque, and I havent done any headwork yet.

S&S 106" Jugs/Flat Top Pistons 10:1 CR
S&S 551 Easy Start Cams
SE Stage 1 A/F
Samson Cholo longtail true duals
SERT Supertuner

Torque 113 lb-ft from 2500 RPM to about 4400 RPM then drops off (Easily pulls front tire off of the ground!!! and sticks my backside into the backrest)
82 HP from about 2600 RPM up to about 5500RPM then tails off.

I'll post the graph once I get it scanned in.

That is kind of strange but I would not give it too much thought especially if it was done on an ineritia dyno.. H.P. is a function of RPM and if the torque was to remain constant the H.P. MUST go up as RPM goes higher.

Make it much stronger and you better tig weld your crank pin..

If you could pull the front wheel off the ground, your there!:p

I figure in another 20, or 30,000 miles I'll need to rework some things and I'll rework the crank. Maybe stroke it and take it to the S&S 116??? When I do that I'll be doing the lefty bearing and probably a stouter clutch altogether. Who knows, that's the great part about these bikes, you can do one thing, and when you get bored, you can turn your old bike into a totally different bike w/o having to buy another one!! All the new torque I have right now should keep me happy till next christmas anyways!!

I really like your numbers. I've been looking at the SS 551 cams as well. Much better torque numbers down low, great for a touring bike. Glad you're happy.

Havent got many miles on them yet, but I will post back when I get a couple hundred on them to give my definitive opinion. I have noticed that the engine turns over easier now. I don't have CR's on my bike, and the 106 kit bumped it up to 10:1 CR so I have noticed that it makes a difference on starter strain. The bottom end torque is sick with the 551's, but of course you sacrifice a little at the top. The next step up w/ the easy start grind is the 583's.

Sorry, misspoke about HP number. 71 HP max. Here's the dyno sheet. See my thread under engine, dyno sub-forum.

Hey Bart,
Did Tripp's in Amarillo do the dyno?? I lived in Amarillo for many years and thought Tripps was a great place to do business with.

Back