free website stats program Got really ticked off!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Got really ticked off!!

dogdad

Went out to my bike today and took off the cover to go ride .I noticed that there was dirt spots all over my seat and gas tank.I always keep my bike clean... I'm thinking what the heck is this stuff. Then it hit me.........There's been a stinking cat up under my cover and all on my bike. There was hair and that stinking cat (edit) odor, maybe it was sleeping there. . I was in a bad mood for a couple of hours and that's not like me, but when it comes to my dogs or my bike,,,don't mess with them.
I guess that there are some people that think it's ok to let there cats rome around other people's property. And I think if I were to let my dogs walk on there cars , that would be ok too(???) ....not!! Maybe I'll catch the cat in a cat trap and bring it accross the lake where it can't swim back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine too :D

I have a neighbor that had a cat that was an inside cat but every day they would let the cat out to roam and it came into my yard to leave me a present every day! After about 13 years of picking up after the cat every day, I asked the owner to do something about it and his reply was in a very indignant way "what can I do about it?"

Well the poor cat got hit by a car and that was the end of it. :D

The owner found it stiff as a board in the street.

Now they have a new cat that was picking up where the old one left off but I found out that he doesn't like water and it's a real shame that my garden hose is on this side of the house where the cat hangs out. Have you ever seen a cat run up the side of a house? I have :D

Now anytime this cat see's me he runs as fast as he can.
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

Maybe you need to give your dogs access to the garage or where ever you keep the bike. I know my dogs keep the yard free of cats, rats and squirrels (at least on the ground!).

TQ

I have a special treatment for the squirrels after they dug up almost my entire back yard last year. It looked like a football team was practicing plays.

We had a continual problem with house cats that strayed around and with feral cats. Mother nature provided the solution: Coyotes....Ever since they have been hanging around, the cat population has decreased dramatically....

I can't believe that Glider didn't jump on this one! Turns out that lemon scented Pledge kept the cat off mine. My neighbor's bike was right next to mine. He kept getting the cat paw marks and I didn't. Cats don't like citrus smell.

Now I have CycleShack and there is no way for the critters to get in. And, it helps cut down on dust too. I highly recommend it.

We had a continual problem with house cats that strayed around and with feral cats. Mother nature provided the solution: Coyotes....Ever since they have been hanging around, the cat population has decreased dramatically....

Another solution is putting coyote urine around. You can buy it. Seriously. On the other hand, your bike will smell like... I'd try the lemon Pledge first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep...Coyotes thin'em out here too. But, last summer I wish there was a cat at my garage. My last bike was an Ultra. Had it covered. Bird got under the cover. Big stinking mess all over handle bars, switch's, tanks, seat.....Didn't know a bird could (EDIT) so much! Don't know what kind of bird. Was gone when I pulled the cover off.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Don't get me wrong...I like all animals,,as long as they're not messing up my stuff.......so I know i might hear from the cat loving people on this , but........I put 4 small mouse traps( you know, the spring loaded ones) down at the bottom under the bike. OUCH! And I plan on setting up a cat trap, hoping to catch it or them.. and bring them across the Mississippi River where they can't swim back. I'm just tired of the owners who think their cats can go anywhere and spray /mark their territories, but they would be the first to tell me to stop letting my dogs (EDIT)in their yard( my dogs are always inside or in the fence).

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Back