got pulled over for my "novelty" helmet

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by hippie13, Jul 1, 2011.

1. hippie13

hippie13 Active Member

The officer was very cool but told me mass is cracking down on helmets and said this was just a verbal warning :) yes sir thank you sir.
    Its time to find a cool DOT helmet lol so who here loves their helmet and where can i find one that I won't hate & the police won't mind?
    [​IMG]

2. sonderkind88

sonderkind88 Member

motorcyclesupperstore.com g-max 55 its a supperlight 1/2 helmet i paid like 70$.

3. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

Leatherup.com has lots of skid lids, at pretty decent prices.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

4. hippie13

hippie13 Active Member

Thanks I'll check them both out. The places I've been looking at have some stuff but $200 seems a bit much for what you get.
    [​IMG]

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I purchased a carbon fiber helmet new off ebay for $90. Real light and fits perfect.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

7. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I understand the "cool " factor here but recently a member posted that they wore a Scorpion retractable shield helmet. I checked it out and it looked like a pretty good helmet. Plus, it had the functionality of providing a pull down face shield for when you get caught in the rain. I would buy one right now but my wife would kill be because I already have six helmets!

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I went to a few local m/c shops & tried on various helmets to "dial-in" my size(s) for online ordering...might save you a return/restocking fee.

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

10. kabory

kabory Member

zoxhelmets.com