free website stats program Got nutered a coupla weeks ago. | Harley Davidson Forums

Got nutered a coupla weeks ago.

coopernicus

Contributor
My bad....I was going through the gears on the highway, feeling the pull. Looked at a car coming towards me and it was going to turn in front of me so I cranked it a little more. oops, still didn't know it was a state police till he turned around and hit his lights. He clocked me for 32 over the speed limit. He said he was turning around to get the car in front on me. So the way I figure it...that person owes me a huge favor. Real nice guy, he dropped my speed down to 15 over which helped me out tremendously. Any way, now I'm paranoid to go more than 5 over the speed limit. that would have been reckless driving in ILL. Had been thinking about cam upgrade but now I realize I don't need that. Any way, thanks to the nice officer for giving me a break and I will be slowing down and enjoying the ride more........Still felt GREAT though.:D

You can never escape the long arm of the law. Or maybe you were just easier to catch than the supposed car..........:newsmile100:

Glad you got a decent cop. I was never much for speed ( car or motorcycle). Especially on the motorcycle, I really want to take it easy and enjoy my speed limit, plus 5 if there's a car behind me. Speed limit is just fine with me if no one is pushing me..Beyond 5 over, I'll find good place to pull over and let them pass. I like to enjoy the ride plus, I just don't need the hassle/money for tickets.

Speeding ticket fines are getting out of hand. It seems in this time of municipal financial shortages the local police departments are trying to make up for the tax shortages with tickets. From my window I can see the main road coming into my very small town and watch folks getting pulled over for speeding every few minutes. I don't remember seeing that as often in the past.

Speeding ticket fines are getting out of hand. It seems in this time of municipal financial shortages the local police departments are trying to make up for the tax shortages with tickets. From my window I can see the main road coming into my very small town and watch folks getting pulled over for speeding every few minutes. I don't remember seeing that as often in the past.

You have a point. Anything to make a buck $$$. Even the last parking fine I received was $45.00. But the majority of fees on traffic violation fines nowadays do not go to the local municipality... Maybe Jeff will chime in and clarify if I am wrong....:D

You have a point. Anything to make a buck $$$. Even the last parking fine I received was $45.00. But the majority of fees on traffic violation fines nowadays do not go to the local municipality... Maybe Jeff will chime in and clarify if I am wrong....:D
You are correct sir, most goes to court costs, admin. fees ect ect ect. Less than half makes it back to the city or county and that portion goes into a general fund. Believe me when I say tickets are not a money maker for a city.:nosad

Okay so I was able to get court supervision. 30days and if I get no tickets it will not go on my driving record. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm still on a Harley and I don't need to be screaming loud everytime I ride it. So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm looking at this as a positive thing. My wife was actually relieved that it was just a speeding ticket and not a call that I was in a wreck. Ride safe everyone! Later:s

Good this worked out for you. Here in Florida it costs you points against your license. You can take a class ( you pay for) so the points go bye bye but guess where that money goes. You have to pay court costs here no matter what. Bid deal breakers as most of the money does not stay in your local communities

Jack, I still had to pay almost 200 bucks. Here if you get on court supervision, you still have to pay your fines. And if you get on supervision the fine goes up too. So basically you're paying extra for the privelege of supervision.

Back