free website stats program Got Any Pics of You and Your Motorcycles, Back in the Day? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Got Any Pics of You and Your Motorcycles, Back in the Day?

Apparently there is still a bit of a following for the older Magna's.
There is a guy up the street from me that is in his late 20's, and has a 83 and rode from Pa to New York for the 10th anniversary of 9-11.

I do but I too would have to scan and resize them
I have detailed pictures of my youngest brothers 1980 Sporster as we rebuilt it from the ground up, we had it painted the original white with several coats of clear, the rocker boxes were powder coated the same color, he fabbed his own saddlebag mounts, at the time he was a welder and machine shop manager and very good welder. He had the seat redone to look like a Nostaligic (Moo Glide) if I can find the pictureds I will load them. It was a winter project in a drafty wood shed with little heat, tho he had a pit in the shed that made working under the bike a snap, He rode the snot out of that bike til the oil pump siezed several years later, the only thing on the bike that did not work was the stock mechanical tach, we changed the carb to a late style Bendix with adjustable main jet, and added an up front spin on oil filter adapter
This was a right side shift, kick start XLCH

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a buddy with a Bultaco,same deal,right side shifter.Had to be careful not to slam on the brake.
The AMA decided the RS shifter had to go for street bikes, the race teams loved the RS shifter

I do but I too would have to scan and resize them
I have detailed pictures of my youngest brothers 1980 Sporster as we rebuilt it from the ground up, we had it painted the original white with several coats of clear, the rocker boxes were powder coated the same color, he fabbed his own saddlebag mounts, at the time he was a welder and machine shop manager and very good welder. He had the seat redone to look like a Nostaligic (Moo Glide) if I can find the pictureds I will load them. It was a winter project in a drafty wood shed with little heat, tho he had a pit in the shed that made working under the bike a snap, He rode the snot out of that bike til the oil pump siezed several years later, the only thing on the bike that did not work was the stock mechanical tach, we changed the carb to a late style Bendix with adjustable main jet, and added an up front spin on oil filter adapter
This was a right side shift, kick start XLCH
I got the year mixed up on this bike, I did ride it home for him and I did rebuild the top end, front forks, front and rear brakes, new tranny sprocket, repaired the leaky crank case drain bolt, yes they had them, and installed NEW ignition timer, All in a flat roof 2 stall garage in the winter with little heat. It ran like a scalded dog with an adjustable main jet Bendix carb. The garage had a pit in it making the bottom crank case easy to work on

I got the year mixed up on this bike, I did ride it home for him and I did rebuild the top end, front forks, front and rear brakes, new tranny sprocket, repaired the leaky crank case drain bolt, yes they had them, and installed NEW ignition timer, All in a flat roof 2 stall garage in the winter with little heat. It ran like a scalded dog with an adjustable main jet Bendix carb. The garage had a pit in it making the bottom crank case easy to work on
I have the pictures of the build in progress if any one wants to see them

I have pictures of my youngest brothers motor cycle build in progress, you can see step by step what and where we did the build

Back