free website stats program Got an Itch | Harley Davidson Forums

Got an Itch

nakkers

Been lurking for a while. Sold the Sporty some time ago and I really miss it.

A friend brought back a nice clean, stock 2008 1200 R. I know, no trap door for the tranny and I'll miss the look of the peanut tank. But, FI and more range?

I think I'm gonna be back in the saddle of another Sporty soon........:D

Attachments

• Sporty.jpg
    Sporty.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 27
Go for it Sean!!
I know you wont part with the Buell so this will make a great 2nd. bike :)

Thanks guys. It's good to be back. The Buell has got a case of leaky Rocker Covers but, I'm still running it for the time being.

If I pick up the Sporty, I can take some time to spruce up the Buell.

Going to check out the blue bomber later today.

Do it!:D I love sportsters, I always seem to keep one around. I rode a friends '07, talk about snappy! The FI made a big difference, really responsive, a lot of fun to ride. Snag a fuel tank from a Nightster if you want the peanut tank, I think it's a direct swap.

Rocker covers are an easy fix. I just did the FXR. This spring it didn't quit leaking like it usually does after the first good run.

Work was a little hectic today and the weather wasn't quite cooperative so, I'll check it out sometime over the weekend. It's pretty much a done deal. I know once I see it, sit on it and start it up, my heart will turn to puddy and be reaching for the check book.

Think I'll leave everything stock for the time being and then go through the process of making it my own. Probably look at slip ons to open up the sound track and that automatically makes me want to upgrade the intake. Or maybe the seat??? Or maybe update the suspension???? I'll keep my eye open during next winter for a peanut tank........

Haven't even bought it and my mind is already going. It's got less than 8,000 miles on it.

I'm not excited.......nope! Not at all!!!!

I'll keep you posted!!!

Cheers.

Sean

Sounds like your head has already bought the bike and started modifying it as I have been in that position in the past it is ok to let it take you over and rule your life for a wee while
Enjoy every moment

Brian

Back