free website stats program Got a "manly" bike & I blame Bubbie..! | Harley Davidson Forums

Got a "manly" bike & I blame Bubbie..!

RAWLDYMAN

Had a thread on here before, just asking folk for their views on the new, 2011 1200Custom.
Anyway, test rode one a few weeks ago and loved it. Problem was, there's a real shortage of sportsters, new & used, in Europe at the minute and local dealer said it would be about 3 monts waiting list, maybe more.
Hit lucky and managed to source one in England. It's a Demo, black (which I wanted), 550 miles and a few extras in chrome belt guard, battery & oil covers and script hand grips - looks really good. Gettin it for 1K below the retail price, which I think is good considering that the extra bits alone cost about a grand. Deposit paid & I'm getting her shipped over next week.

Bubbies advice before was "ride it/if ye like it/buy it" and, ye know what?....there's a lot to be said for direct talking!!
I don't mean to cross threads here but...the one about sportsters being "manly"?...Bubbie's right on the money there too.
Not good at computer stuff but will try and post pics soon

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of smiles upon it...:)

Congrats on a good choice, do not worry about Bubbie Glider will take care of him, just kidding, Bubbie is always right on with his words of wisdom, Enjoy your new ride:rider

great on the new bike...now to make it yours.. did Buddie tell you about that part..:D

Rawldyman, congratulations on your new ride. I get a lot of flak here, but really a 600 lb Harley just works for me...one that is 800 lbs does not for the type of riding I do as my daily driver in SoCal traffic...or when I want to go for a spirited ride solo.

I say it is a good choice to have a light "Sporty"...you will enjoy many miles of smiles. Not saying that a big-bore V-Twin is not in my future...just that I am in a very happy place with a nice light torquey bike as it does most everything one can ever ask. :s

RAWLDYMAN
Warming The Wheels
Ride: 2007 XL883L

Wishing you Health, Wealth, and Many Sunny Days, now go Ride..:newsmile017: (FREEDOM)

signed....BUBBIE

Man, what's going on here on HDT.com???

Must be in the air:D I actually did something Right??

Sure does make one FEEL Good WHEN it goes well for another rider... Thanks for the kind words and I Hope to live up to them...

Now IF it breaks down wee can blame Jack:laugh EH....

Jack is Tough he can take it......:newsmile100:

RAWLDYMAN,

Go give the Blarney Stone a Hug and A KISS for good luck and get that new bike..

NICE...

signed....BUBBIE

This is the Post? man that KISS really paid in Hearts...

Great choice of bike for the country roads in your area
Might have been fun to get a ferry and go pick it up yourself

Brian

Back