free website stats program Good seat for a bad back?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Good seat for a bad back??

valvestem72

I ride a 2004 Fatboy and want a nice seat with some back support.I'm a short guy but the stock seat fits me pretty well with it's current ride height..Any suggestions on somthing good??

Lots of choices in HD and aftermarket. My personal experience was with " mustang vintage" Gave good lower back support and was easier to sit for longer periods than stock. I'm 5'9" and the mustang didn't affect me staying flat footed over stock. JMO

Last edited:
Bad back here also on an electra standard.
i read zeppelin are the most comfortable.
I bought a sundowner + an adjustable back rest.
The sundowner doesn't maintain back as the stock does but allow you to be a bit more rear on the seat. I find it a bit harder than the stock but it's brand new so i can't judge now (The stock was 40000 old). The adjustable rider back rest is perfect.Exept to climb on the bike but it's movable and removable and adjustable.
I replaced my stock rear shocks with fournales (air/oil) shocks.

I've got the Sundowner on my Street Glide, and really like it. I've tried the Mustang, but find the Sundowner fits me better and is more comfortable for my bad back. Although I've got the adjustable backrest, I find I don't really need it except for longer (300+) rides.

Having two herniated disk that just healed, I ride with a Mustange seat with backrest! I have no problems at all. I've always used a backrest. The disk injury was from work, not riding!

I recommend a Mustang seat with their drivers back rest. It made a huge difference and did not change my seat height. I am 5' 9" and the seat and back rest more than doubled my riding time. I called Mustang direct and talked with a customer service rep who steered me away from my first seat choice after asking me questions. I was skeptical when ordering but extremely pleased with the end result.

Corbin makes a very supportive seat. They are stiff, but they hug you in all the right spots.

Tried alot of seats, I found with my back exercises and a kidney belt my stock seat works pretty good for about 500 miles a day

Back