free website stats program Good news for MoCo | Harley Davidson Forums

Good news for MoCo

R_W_B

Well business for H.D.MoCo is doing good in spite of the recession (I would 'guess' the Dealers are not doing quite as well as MoCo since their end bites the bullet more). But none the less encouraging news in this economic struggle. Hopefully they will hold prices and we can all get in on the good.

Last year, Harley earned a net income of $146.5 million, or 62 cents a share, compared with a loss of $55.1 million, or 24 cents, a year earlier.

Revenue rose 1.6% to $4.85 billion. Its stock price closed the year at $34.67, up 40% from its 2009 close of $24.80.

Stock holders that had 1,000 shares valued at $24,800 in 2009 saw a gain to $34,670. Not bad if you bought low and sold high.

$6.4 million compensation package to Mr. Wandell, CEO of HD,

Article and tons of comments can be seen and made here:
Harley-Davidson CEO paid $6.4 million in 2010 - JSOnline

I bet the current fuel/oil crunch is also helping...people looking for more economical means of transport. Guess it's good if you own HD stock.

I bet the current fuel/oil crunch is also helping...people looking for more economical means of transport. Guess it's good if you own HD stock.

I hear you on the gas prices! I drive 68 miles one way to work and can't wait for the weather in MA to warm up again so i can take the bike. I did the math last week and in the car running regular gas I spend $17 a day on the commute.....with the FXDC running PREMIUM I will spend about $10 a day! I save about $100 a month on gas running the bike an average of 4 days a week in the summer!!!!!!!! Can't say it completely justifies the purchase of a $13,000 bike but it helps!!!!!!

Glad MoCo is doing better, probably a result of slimming down their product line a little bit too.

As for gas prices helping them out if that is why people are buying them, I say go buy a rice burner or a scooter, they get bettter mileage. I had a few people ask me this after I got mine, but really I cannot make the case. I get 29 mpg with my Jetta, 42-45 with my Harley, add into it insurance, registration, maintenance, they quickly zero the savings out and most likely end up costing more. Of course I have a pretty good mpg car...for now.

Glad MoCo is doing better, probably a result of slimming down their product line a little bit too.

Slimming down product line.? There are 34 different models for 2011. More than they ever had.
Lets see what the annual report shows for 2011. Forty percent up from 2009 is really not that good. After the big hit in 2008, most Blue Chip companies rebounded back with gains of more than 40%. Now if HD does 40% again THIS year, that is different. But I hope they do well.

Oops, guess I forgot about all the new ones I keep seeing. Shows you how much I pay attention to the new bikes. I figure if I don't look too much at them I won't want them and can keep tweeking my own.

They still have a way to go to get back up but 40% up is better than nothing. I work for a blue chip stock and while our numbers show we are doing ok and rebounding, in reality...there is still a lot of work to do. It is more how the books are shown.

I'm glad to see them doing well. It keeps us all on HD instead of a HD/Metric built bike.

I agree and I only want to see the best happen to the Moco because I do love their products. Always have & always will. But even if BY CHOICE, they were to close their doors tomorrow, we all would be riding HD's for the next 25 years because there are just so many HD's out there. And since there are so many on the streets and in bone yards, outside vendors will continue to make parts galore just like they do for the 1964 Mustang. Our generation has little to worry about and I am glad for that.:)

Wish I would have bought the stock when it first went public, I think it was 16 dollars a share

Oops, guess I forgot about all the new ones I keep seeing. ... .. .. . .

Well I did remember somewhere they were stopping production of the Rocker C and the Trike, but maybe that was for 2012, can't remember.

Wish I would have bought the stock when it first went public, I think it was 16 dollars a share

Amen to that one brother. We would be alot better off than my Lockheed Martin stock I bought back in 2008 right before the crash :lolrolling

Back