free website stats program Good Looking Wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Looking Wheels

I've been looking at numerous wheels for my 2000 Road Glide. Without spending my retirement I haven't seen too many I like. I'd like to know if anyone has polished out the stock 9 spoke factory rims and how they look.
I looked into Powder Coating too. The powder coating in chrome looks pretty good but they tell me the powder fades quickly. Like in two years. Powder coating would run about $250. for both wheels. Again the stock rims are a great design except they need more shine.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

i agree with you Richards, i dont like the wheels either, i was just looking for a cheap solution for now, i sawe the chromed wheels, and they look pretty good, but would not be my last replacement, and if i am taking them off, i woould just rather put on a 5 spoke chrome wheel

Hi There....Have a powdercoated 9 spoke wheel on the front of my FXR..
and a powdercoated Fatboy disc on the rear.....
both have the rim areas polished....
powdercoat color is 'deep wet black gloss'

There is a lot that can be done with the OEM wheels,
and they are a proven piece....

check these places out..Willy Shiny Motorcycle Accessories ...they are doing a 9 spoke exchange for about $600...Here is another one... IMPRESS PLATING & POLISHING

IMPRESS PLATING & POLISHING did these wheels for me. Very nice work and good people to deal with.

232323232%7Ffp936%3Enu%3D3237%3E278%3E746%3EWSNRCG%3D3353758672339nu0mrj

I do powder coating here at my house. haven't been doing it long enough to comment on the fading issue but everything I have read doesn't say anything like that. I know powder coat is tougher, more flexible and allegedly last as long or longer than liquid paint. I haven't seen the chrome done yet but that's my next color to purchase.

Back