Good Looking Wheels

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by retiredguy, Feb 17, 2010.

1. retiredguy

retiredguy Banned

I've been looking at numerous wheels for my 2000 Road Glide. Without spending my retirement I haven't seen too many I like. I'd like to know if anyone has polished out the stock 9 spoke factory rims and how they look.
    I looked into Powder Coating too. The powder coating in chrome looks pretty good but they tell me the powder fades quickly. Like in two years. Powder coating would run about $250. for both wheels. Again the stock rims are a great design except they need more shine.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

has any one tried this on fatboy stock wheels ?

3. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

Hey retiredguy,
    Check out "Chrome That Hog" in Chula Vista. (outside San Diego)
    So Cal Hoss

4. rkrdr2

rkrdr2 Active Member

5. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

i agree with you Richards, i dont like the wheels either, i was just looking for a cheap solution for now, i sawe the chromed wheels, and they look pretty good, but would not be my last replacement, and if i am taking them off, i woould just rather put on a 5 spoke chrome wheel

6. lucille

lucille Member

Hi There....Have a powdercoated 9 spoke wheel on the front of my FXR..
    and a powdercoated Fatboy disc on the rear.....
    both have the rim areas polished....
    powdercoat color is 'deep wet black gloss'

There is a lot that can be done with the OEM wheels,
    and they are a proven piece....

7. rklew

rklew Active Member

8. murf

murf Active Member

I do powder coating here at my house. haven't been doing it long enough to comment on the fading issue but everything I have read doesn't say anything like that. I know powder coat is tougher, more flexible and allegedly last as long or longer than liquid paint. I haven't seen the chrome done yet but that's my next color to purchase.