free website stats program Good Habits | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Habits

Ishmael

I've learned a lot the past few months I've been on HDT; use of front and rear brakes, lubricants, and so on. I try to cultivate good habits in riding so as to be safe and take care of my bike. Now maybe I can pass along some wisdom gained the hard way. I end my ride by cutting the engine with the kill switch, then the tank switch, down the stand, cut off the gas, lock the forks and lock the switch. I rode 2 days ago and thought, I'll be riding in a day or two so I'll not lock the forks or switch. Sure enough, I had turned the switch to ACC and today when I tried to crank it, rrrrrrrrrrrr. Lesson learned, always go through your shutdown routine. If I had locked the switch I'd have noticed it was not in the off position. Riding in a cage when its 70 degrees and the sun is shining is no way to go through life!
Ishmael

It is windy here today, but definitely much warmer than it has been and the sun is out. Sorry to hear you couldn't ride today, but it looks like the week should be pretty good. Especially a little further south...

Hi Porter,
Not to fear, I just hopped on my sisters Electra Glide Trike which was parked next to my Fatboy, and away I go. Nice ride into work at 60 degrees with a little wind. Meanwhile I'll have to put the trickle charger on my bike over night. Looking forward to the ride home about 4 pm. Best regards.
Ishmael

I call it learned behavior I try to use what I have learned and pass it on:s

Back