free website stats program Good Glasses? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Glasses?

I have a pair of Wiley-X Jakes with the transition lenses and have no problem at night but they could stand to get a little darker on realy brite days. They do seal very well to my face. Kevin

I have a pair of Wiley-X Jakes with the transition lenses and have no problem at night but they could stand to get a little darker on realy brite days. They do seal very well to my face. Kevin

Sounds just like my complaint with the Panoptx I bought. Anyone know of a good transition lens that gets really dark in the day and clear at night?

I've tried the transition lenses, and also feel they do not get dark enough for bright days. From what I've read, they will not get as dark as sunglasses, and not as clear as a pair of clear lenses.

Hehehe, you're a funny guy! I've been wanting to get those up, & saw the opportunity. BTW, I just checked & your retirement was denied. :bigsmiley29: You can plan on staying around for a long time. :D

Denied?:shock......Just kidding Joy, old habits are hard to break, I'll be around for a while.:s
I was hoping you were just kidding :s

As for my glasses, hubby can verify that I will complain if I don't have decent lenses. I buy expensive sunglasses generally and I have no problem laying out the cash if I want it :D Can't help that. I have worn these glasses quite a bit in the last couple of weeks to test them out, and they seem to work well. I am now going out for a ride with just one pair of glasses. (It used to be: dark for bright, lightly tinted for evenings & over cast, if I planned on hanging out somewhere, I would have my regular sunglasses for comfort. That's 3 pair, plus throw in the prescription lenses in case I would lose a contact for whatever reason) I'm working on the 'too much stuff' scenario, so I can now go out with my prescription glasses for backup (I'm really not that blind, but I like to see what I'm about to hit :D) and my riding glasses. I figured at the time, $50 was a fair enough price, if they worked great, if not, I'd be looking back into my typical $200 range. (I'm trying to work on that too). I have high dollar taste, what can I say? :D I try to convince the hubby that I am spending the same amount of money, just in smaller increments until I get what works for me......

Back