free website stats program Good deals on used bikes | Harley Davidson Forums

Good deals on used bikes

We went bike shopping for the wife last weekend in search of an 09 Deluxe in Redhot Sunglow.After a couple of calls we found a dealer with one in stock.Yes she liked it and it was her first choice but the $18,400 asking price realy turned us off.I look at the salesman and tell him I just bought my Streetglide back in June for $18,600, no way we are paying that price for a softail.
The salesman thinks for a minute and says "We happen to have an 08 Streetglide that just came in, the guy cant make the payments".We walk over to the bike, its perfect.2012 MILES, Rienharts,Ness big sucker,power commander already done.She sits on it, and smiles.
Baby's got a new bike..08 Streetglide with everything already done and the remainder of the 2 year.. 14 months left on waranty.$16,400 out the door.

Fellas they're still not cutting deals on the new ones but if you look you can score on some used ones.Only downside is we now own 2 black 08 Streetglides,and I had to promise Id paint it red for her next winter {no problem, I paint}.Pics to come, or look at mine lol.

I keep hearing there are dealers who are not budging and it blows me away. I bought my Deluxe new in the middle of summer and I went out the door for $18,000. And that was before the economy went south. Most of the dealers I went to wanted $1500 more than that, before tax and license.

Local dealer here turns used bikes around in a week. They just don't last long. So, it would appear that used bikes have a better resale than usual. I think that's what all this means. New bikes seem to be sitting. They still have a whole bunch of those duracell (sp) copper bikes around.
Ugly John

So, it would appear that used bikes have a better resale than usual. I think that's what all this means.
Ugly John

I think in today's economy, it's the lower price by a couple of thousand that has the used bikes moving over the new bikes for most.

No reason to buy new, unless you really want to be sure the bike is yours, only yours and you are the only one responsible for anything possibly wrong with it. I bought 2 new cars, since I got my wife the last one, I promised myself no way I will buy new again, just not worth the extra wasted money, to me at least. That is my opinion, I know there are plenty of people out there that will only buy new, I am just not that guy.

My opinion is the deal will be with the used bike in todays economy, People might have to sell because of job loss etc.., I'd like to buy a commutor so I don't have to take the bagger everywhere I ride. Haven't convinced the wife that it is a necessity

I think in today's economy, it's the lower price by a couple of thousand that has the used bikes moving over the new bikes for most.

To me this was a huge savings.Apples to apples if we bought the 09 Deluxe at $18400,added pipes,stage 1, a tuner, paid the set up and so on where at 20k.A new Streetglide starts at $20000.Add those accesories to the SG and youre at $21000 plus.They even threw in cruise.

Plus I dont need another service manual.

Back