free website stats program Good deals 2011 Road King Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Good deals 2011 Road King Classic

asahi1234

I was in St Paul,MN on a business trip. So one day I was off I went to St Paul hd to look around. And on the floor they had what I wanted. I spoke with the saleman and he said let me sell you a bike. I told him I live in Tx. He response was we ship anywhere. I said ok whats your offer. At first he quoted me the lowest price I had found back home in Texas. I said NO because I would still have to pay for shipping which was $650. He said hold on let him go talk to his boss. He came back with $1500 below MSRP no setup or shipping and he will pay for the shipping. So told him let me think about it so I went back to my hotel and called all of the hd dealers back home. And everyone of them said KNOW WAY. So I called St Paul hd back and said done deal. So I just got home yesterday and the bike will be here next Wednesday. So as you can tell I am excited:newsmile030::newsmile030::D:) The sales man name was Jerry Kamrow so stop by or give him a call. They had used bikes with 3-4 thousand dollar store credit if you bought a used bike. So check it out it is worth the trip considering it is veryyyyyyyyy cold up there. I will post pics when I get the bike.

Remember, to License and Title it, you Should have all the paperwork on that New Bike....
Or did they license/title it up in Mn. for you ?

In Wash. or Az. , You have to pay sales tax, 9.9999999% in Wa. and Only 6.0% in Az. Calculated on the amount of the Cost/Value of the New bike.. Less my trade for me.

How does it work down in Texas?

I had mine bought in Org. took possession there, taking all the paper work home. Then Licensed and titled in AZ. over the phone and US mail... seemed to take forever....

Had my Wa. license plate Off my trade in and ran that up here (wa.) Until I received my License in the mail... couldn't see buying day permits until license came.. Worked fine and now I'm legal.. Planning Full time down in Az. SOON...

Looks like a good deal for you on that bike... And It's First ride Home a little WARMER for you, having it shipped..

DO you plan to do the 30/60/30 break-in and use a good synthetic oil after changed and also a good primary lube.

May I suggest,
To keep the tranny Quiet and Lasting a lot longer, trouble free, I would use Only the BEST gear oil,,,, "Redline Shockproof Heavy" in the tranny but Spectro also makes a good gear oil for that if you can't find Redline easily.

Let us know Your choices and how it runs after you climbed on and finally Tear yourself away from it long enough to Post..

signed....BUBBIE

Good deal, I have dealt with these guys before, They are about 6 blocks from my old home in Minnesota, very user friendly folks, but its too cold for me too, and I have to trek there soon BRRRR, best of luck on your new bike:s

I pay Texas taxes and title which is 6.25 percent. I plan on changing the oil at 50 miles, 500, 1,000 and then using synthetic oil. Should I change the trans and clutch on the same mileage as the oil?

I pay Texas taxes and title which is 6.25 percent. I plan on changing the oil at 50 miles, 500, 1,000 and then using synthetic oil. Should I change the trans and clutch on the same mileage as the oil?

Good plan, Hope you change out the HD filter at the 50/500 and 1,000 also...

I would wait on the oil change for the Primary(clutch) and the Tranny Until 1000 miles... Then you should decide on which oil and lube to use...

Then tranny will only need another change at 20,000 miles.

I would STRONGLY suggest to stay away from HD Syn3.
Too Many Other Good engine oils and Gear oils to use.(.)

signed....BUBBIE

Good plan, Hope you change out the HD filter at the 50/500 and 1,000 also...

I would wait on the oil change for the Primary(clutch) and the Tranny Until 1000 miles... Then you should decide on which oil and lube to use...

Then tranny will only need another change at 20,000 miles.

I would STRONGLY suggest to stay away from HD Syn3.
Too Many Other Good engine oils and Gear oils to use.(.)

signed....BUBBIE

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community Bubbie is on here have a look here from the self help section:s

I have delt with those boys at st. paul many times over the phone and on there website. seem to be able to sell hd stuff at a little better price than most dealers can. never had a problem! good luck with the rdking. show us pics!

I change all 3 at 30 - 250-500-1000, but thats just me the reason for 30 is I am 30 miles from my dealer, I always leave the dealer with 4 filters. In my opinion the trans is number 1 to change early , No filtering , new gears meshing in the same bath of oil with the filings from breaking in the gear set the more miles you put on the more those bits of metal work there wey through the gear set . again just my op

Back