free website stats program Good Day Ride From Raleigh, NC? | Harley Davidson Forums

Good Day Ride From Raleigh, NC?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'll probably be in Raleigh on business the first week of August and if the weather's forecast to be decent, I might rent a bike for the day. Any suggestions on a nice ride I could do in around 5 or 6 hours? Northwest into the VA foothills? East to the Outer Banks?

Thanks!

Tough call, I would like to ride OBX, but watch the weather, may have a storm that way. May need to head for the hills towards VA. All beautiful country though, I doubt you can go wrong in any direction. Good luck, wish I was more help. :s

Hey Doc, Since it is NC, maybe you can google something like 'lighthouses' or something like that, and come up with a good ride. I have started finding my local rides like that and it seems to be working. It's been many years since I have been to OBX, but I keep telling hubby I want to take the bikes down there. Maybe some day. Good luck.

Hey Doc, Since it is NC, maybe you can google something like 'lighthouses' or something like that, and come up with a good ride. I have started finding my local rides like that and it seems to be working. It's been many years since I have been to OBX, but I keep telling hubby I want to take the bikes down there. Maybe some day. Good luck.

Trust me, I've already spent way too much time on Mapquest trying to plan some routes. Can't do a round trip to Deals Gap or the Outer Banks with only a day's rental. Even VA foothills (Blacksburg/Roanoke) wouldn't give me any time to relax and grab some lunch. I may just wander around some of the local lakes or head down to my old digs in Goldsboro where I was stationed in the Air Force for 5 years back in the early 80's.

That's a bummer......I definitely like having a 'route' per say, however most of the time I get sidetracked and change the plan. Got to roll with it some you know. Maybe the dealer where you rent can hook you up with some good places. Best of luck to you & good riding.

Just shot him an email moments ago, Joy. We'll see what they suggest. Then again, 6 hours cruising around on a Harley with no specific destination in mind sure beats most of my days!

Amen to that! I'll be dreaming about it while at work this week. I may get to ride to work though, that helps a little.

Tough call, I would like to ride OBX, but watch the weather, may have a storm that way. May need to head for the hills towards VA. All beautiful country though, I doubt you can go wrong in any direction. Good luck, wish I was more help. :s
Left Concord North Carolina Saturday and headed out on I85, I26 and then I40 To Knoxville and North On I75. Great mountain trip if you got the time. 7 hours one way but beautiful.

Left Concord North Carolina Saturday and headed out on I85, I26 and then I40 To Knoxville and North On I75. Great mountain trip if you got the time. 7 hours one way but beautiful.

I prefer to stay OFF the interstates and I've only got 6 to 7 hours round trip but thanks anyway.

Back