Good bye cold weather!!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by wrightj123, Jan 28, 2010.

1. wrightj123

wrightj123 Member

Just got a new job in San Diego. My bike is in winter storage at a dealer in Wisconsin. Any suggestions on the best and fastest way to ship my SG to Cali?

2 Weeks notice and a few days travel for my truck and hello sunny weather forever!!!!

PS: it is going to -5 degrees tonight

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I can't really help you with your actual question but congratulations on your new job and moving to the land of year round riding!

3. shaker

shaker Active Member

Very nice!

4. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

You might want to check with long distance moving companies and see if they have any trucks going to that area in that time frame and see if there is any extra room on the truck for you bike.

Other than that I would just Google Motorcycle transport. If you belong to the National HOG check this out. Resources for H-D Owners - Motorcycle Shipping | Harley-Davidson USA

Congratulations and good luck

5. cowjammer

cowjammer Active Member

I'd say that if you strap her down good you can U haul it. Do you have some one to drive the truck ? Maybe only truck her down till you hit the warmer states and Turn in the truck and enjoy the ride down ! Diego is nice kind of spendy but you cant beat the weather.

6. pops55

pops55 Active Member

Congrats on the new job. Enjoy that year around riding. Your dealer might be able to help with finding a shipper.

7. Animal

Animal Active Member

Don't forget your sun block, I'll bet the sun is pretty hot down there.

8. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

Congrats. My sister lives in Laguna and I use to live in the SF bay area... I loved Cali.

Another topic to read about if your bike has less than 7,500 miles and you try to register it. I just don't know for sure it would apply for you moving into the state, but might need to check on it.

Need to add miles to my odometer - Harley Davidson Community

9. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

wrightj123; is your new employer paying for the relocation, or at least offering to cover some moving costs? If not, check w/local freight carriers (like other's suggested) b/c my brother hauled over-the-road & would charge minimal fees to haul misc. cargo (going on his route). Also, you could look into u-haul rates for self-moving & get the truck/trailer combo to move all your stuff (bike included).

10. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Congrats on the new job and home. ride safe.