free website stats program Gonna make er bark...! | Harley Davidson Forums

Gonna make er bark...!

RAWLDYMAN

Hit lucky out on a ride last night when a guy on a busa pulled up beside me at the lights and asked if I'd be interested in a set of V & H slip-ons.
I'd just been pricing them new for my Stage 1 winter project and was intending to order soon at £299 plus £62 for baffles. (about $550?)
Got chattin and turns out he'd just sold his sportster a month ago as it was'nt for him and on the trade in, they wanted the stocks back on.
Saw them today and they are mint! Done the deal for £125 and I'm gonna try and fit them tomorrow - weather forecast is bad so won't be out riding.
I'm not good with wrenches at all so I'll be doin a lot of reading up here to night!
Could be a lot of tension round my garage tomorrow....
If it works out ye'll hear the bark!! If it does'nt I'll be back here picking your brains...!

Im listening from here and i dont want to here any inappropriate language coming frome your garage when the current silencers dont come off best to get out there tonight get the clamps loosend and slid forwards and spray some penetrating fluid around that area and that gives it all night to do its work
put some copper grease round the end of the header pipes itll help when you have to remove them again

Brian

Very solid advice fin_676. Might need help holding onto bike when trying to remove mufflers. Sometimes gloves will give better grip for pulling. Good luck.

Remember what Fin said no bad language LOL, good luck and a great deal:p

Back