free website stats program Gonna get my 09 Road Glide tomorrow | Harley Davidson Forums

Gonna get my 09 Road Glide tomorrow

bobbeidel

Sold my Road King and going to pick up my 09 Road Glide tomorrow. It's the orange color so I have to go to Tennessee (Knoxville) to get it. I''ll let you guys know how I like it and try post photos. Never posted photos so hope I can get it to work.:)

Congratulation on the new steed. May you make many miles of memories upon it. Let us know how different the 2 bikes are regarding riding them.

Sold my Road King and going to pick up my 09 Road Glide tomorrow. It's the orange color so I have to go to Tennessee (Knoxville) to get it. I''ll let you guys know how I like it and try post photos. Never posted photos so hope I can get it to work.:)

You ARE going to like the way Your New 09 model rides and feels as compared to your older model.. I really love my 09 FLHR and the RG should be no different..
I read about ALL the changes this 09 model has,,,AFTER I bought my 09 and it scared me HOPING not to have all the problems that HD has by Using ME as their Hog Tester. New changes usually keep me away for a year of two..

Not this time.. Nothing Negative to report about.... Oh YES the weather.:(

signed....BUBBIE

Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you're gonna love it.

Do they only sell the orange ones in "Vol Country?"

:lolrolling
Maybe they're banned from selling that color..Might scare the young-ens

You ARE going to like the way Your New 09 model rides and feels as compared to your older model.. I really love my 09 FLHR and the RG should be no different..
I read about ALL the changes this 09 model has,,,AFTER I bought my 09 and it scared me HOPING not to have all the problems that HD has by Using ME as their Hog Tester. New changes usually keep me away for a year of two..

Not this time.. Nothing Negative to report about.... Oh YES the weather.:(

signed....BUBBIE

I blame the weather men for that. I'll cut some slack to the attractive weather girls:p... but the guys, no it's all their fault the weather doesn't cooperate.:bigsmiley33:

Leaving tomorrow for Tennessee where orange IS the state color. Pick it up Saturday. Won't ride it 'til Monday. Can't wait to see the difference!

It's the only orange one I found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it was able ride a little cause didn't have a helmet for Tennessee. Borrowed a neighbor guys and rode 10 to 15 miles. There is definitely a difference in the ride and it will take me a while to get used to the new 2009. My 2006 Road King fit me like a glove. I will need to lower the 2009 a little. It is a little taller than me Road King. The 09 steers nicely as did my 06. The fixed fairing is no problem, but I need to get the right height shield. The 96 cu in definitly has more power than my 88 even with the SE211 cams in my 06. The shifting is clankery than my RK and first thing I will do is change the transmission oil to Spectro or Mobil 1 gear oil. First gear has some strange noise????? Could that be the primary chain needing adjusting. What is that procedure for adjusting the self-adjusting primary chain. I may need to change the nice grips that are on it -- they hurt my right hand thumb. But the bike is beautiful. Has a nice detachable King tour pack with an amp and woofer insert in it.. I will have some question for Smitty as soon as I get to ride it more. Maybe a suggestion for different seat.

Congrats on the new-to-you SharkNose & the 1st gear noise could be the "09-whine" from helical gears. Swap the tranny oil for Spectro (like you plan) and it'll tone this down. Definitely a difference moving from RK, but wait until you get the bike dialed-in...love all the cushy comforts on the larger touring bikes. Ride safe!

I put in the Spectro 75-140 GL-1 (don't have the GL-5 yet). Will ride it today to see if there is a difference. Gonna get it lowered this coming weekend and do some handlebar adjustments. Then I need to ordered a little shorter fairing ( it has a really tall faring onit now).

Back