free website stats program Gonna do it! - V&H FP3 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gonna do it! - V&H FP3

I know this thread is a bit aged but I wanted to give the perspective of someone who has always had someone else install and tune my bikes. I will tackle any mechanical issues myself but messing with anything to do with the ECM just sent chills down my spine.. I looked long and hard at what tuner I was going to have installed on my 14, got prices on unit. install and dyno runs. Looked at the PV and TTS but decided that once again I wasn't comfortable with doing it myself. Until.. I saw the FP3 online and read about the things it could do. Now not being one to let things to chance I decided to download the app just so I could see what you could see. When I opened the app I saw "demo Mode" I played with the app for probably 1/2 an hour and decided that I could do this (it really doesn't get much easier than the FP3). I picked up mine the same day I bought the V&H dressed duals and VO2 air cleaner kit. I spent an evening installing the exhaust, Mufflers, and A/C. It took all of five minutes to install the FP3. The next day followed the instructions on my phone to pick and flash a map (If you have trouble following these instructions you probably are the type of person who needs shoes with Velcro because the concept of tying laces eludes you ) and took the bike for a ride. I was thoroughly impressed. It is like a different bike. Though I was pleased with the bikes performance stock I knew i had to do something because of the factory lean condition. It now pulls much harder, the compensator noise is almost completely gone, the engine is smooth as silk, and The roll on pick up is nothing short of impressive. I have run a few autotune sessions and the smoothness and performance of the bike keeps improving. I haven't messed with the idle speed or throttle progressivity yet. I may change the throttle progressivity to take out some of the throttle lag but I don't think I will mess with the idle... I couldn't be happier..for $310 I did myself what in the past I was paying shops in the neighborhood of $900 to do factoring in the cost of the tuner and dyno runs... I would very highly recommend the FP3 . If you are not planning on major engine changes this is the tuner to get. Ease of use, flexibility and features, and price. Whats not to like and who knows maybe in the future V&H will add more maps for mods like head and cam changes.

just my thoughts.

Back