free website stats program Gold Ice vs Black Ice | Harley Davidson Forums

Gold Ice vs Black Ice

I wanted to draw attention to a serious road hazzard in North Georgia for anyone riding in our area for the first time. In the winter everyone has heard the term "black Ice" . Currently we are in the begining of pollen season, and when the pollen builds up on the back roads it is as slick as black ice. I witnessed a florida tagged road king take a turn and the rider was taken by surprise in the slickness of the road surface. After the turn he pulled over when it was safe and was pretty shook up.

This is just a heads up. Please be safe.

see you in the BBQ stops.

I believe that! We were at Stone Mountain this time last year & I came out to a yellow truck. :( I could not believe how much pollen was on the truck in the few hours we were working there.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't experience the slick part, but I could see how it could be a problem.

Did not know this either, would never of even thought of that, and glad I did not have to find out the hard way. Thank you very much.
At first I though this was going to be a joke about, well, you know, similar to writing ones name in the snow or something.
Again, thank you.

I wanted to draw attention to a serious road hazzard in North Georgia for anyone riding in our area for the first time. In the winter everyone has heard the term "black Ice" . Currently we are in the begining of pollen season, and when the pollen builds up on the back roads it is as slick as black ice. I witnessed a florida tagged road king take a turn and the rider was taken by surprise in the slickness of the road surface. After the turn he pulled over when it was safe and was pretty shook up.

This is just a heads up. Please be safe.

see you in the BBQ stops.
A+ for an excellent post. It may trigger others from other areas to advise of similar, unfamiliar hazards. Posts like this always make me think of potential dangers in the areas I ride or will ride.

Now this is the kind of post that could save us all someday. Thank you for the heads up.

HMMMM, just about dropped my bike on Friday in the rain and on the wet leaves . I suspect under the leaves was that yellow pollen that is all over my bike lately

Back