free website stats program Going to Nova Scotia | Harley Davidson Forums

Going to Nova Scotia

KenBratt

My wife and I want to make a run from NH up through Maine to Nova Scotia and hit the Cabot Trail. Figuring on a six day round trip. Noticed that there are no brand name hotels (i.e. Marriott, Country Inn, etc. where I have points for rooms). Never having been there before, anyone have any suggestions on where to stay. Looking for something clean and safe, either motel or B&B and would like to stay under $100 a night with tax if possible.

Also, with the exchange rate within a penny or so of each other, is it worth it to exchange US for Canadian? Any problems unique to riding in Canada that I should know about? How is the weather this time of year, the sites are pretty vague?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give. Stay Safe.
Ken

Ken, There was an article just this last issue of Hog Magazine on Nove Scotia. I suggest you read it. From what I recall they hit the many Celtic music festivals so you might want to plan your trip to coincide with them. It sounded like a fun time with people coming from all over to participate in it. Also, he spoke of the manufacturing of Scotch Whisky ( the Canadians spell it that way. That's what he said)
The weather can be hit or miss.
Good luck. I would love to go there one day too!

Back