free website stats program Going to amsoil | Harley Davidson Forums

Going to amsoil

FLIPBEL

I am going to amsoil for my tranny. What weight would I need to use in south TX (lows 30s and high 108). The 30s are only a few times during the winter.

thanks!!!!

I'm using the Amsoil Severe gear Trans fluid. Switched from Redline. I like the Amsoil. Very smooth shifting. Neutral easy to find.

I am going to amsoil for my tranny. What weight would I need to use in south TX (lows 30s and high 108). The 30s are only a few times during the winter.

thanks!!!!

I use that beautiful cherry red GL-5 Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil, 75W-140. Great!

TQ

I've used Amsoil in my bikes for year and never had any problems W20 50 in all three holes about $12.00 a qrt.Now just beforei put it away i used spectro W20 50 in the engine and primary $17.00 a qrt and spectro 6 speed for $22.00 a qrt do the math my next oil change will be Amsoil for sure.

Just wondering, over the course of a year, how much difference in money from the low priced oil to the high price? I buy what I think is the best oil for my bike and never consider the money. I try to take into account which oil will make my bike last the longest. JMHO

75w-140 spectro in my transmission,AMS is good oil but the company i don't like....how many times have they got on this forum pretending to be a regular forum member?thats why no ams oil will ever go in my bike.

75w-140 spectro in my transmission,AMS is good oil but the company i don't like....how many times have they got on this forum pretending to be a regular forum member?thats why no ams oil will ever go in my bike.

+1

Bodeen

I've used Amsoil in my bikes for year and never had any problems W20 50 in all three holes about $12.00 a qrt.Now just beforei put it away i used spectro W20 50 in the engine and primary $17.00 a qrt and spectro 6 speed for $22.00 a qrt do the math my next oil change will be Amsoil for sure.

Spectrol is expensive, but the final decision is up to you...! Since the engine and tranny are subject to the most wear due to heat/high speed and meshing gear pressure/foaming...those two holes would benefit from the 100% Synthetic oils available...

The primary on the other hand requires clutch/gear/chain compatibility and a compromise...100% synthetics with friction modifiers will degrade and cause premature oil wetted clutch failure, so suitable Dino or Mineral oil based products that are lower in cost yet provide good coverage would be plain ordinary GL1, GL5, Formula + or 75W-140 or similar would be fine. But that is just an opinion...

Back