free website stats program Going across the USA SOLO. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Going across the USA SOLO.

Is traveling WITHOUT a T-Bag SAFER when going SOLO across the USA?

• YES! Traveling withOUT a T-Bag is Safer.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • NO! Traveling with or without a T-Bag makes NO difference.

Votes: 33 94.3%
  • Maybe. It depends.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having a T-Bag on the bike is a non-issue. Locals and travelers all use them; I had a mid-sized one on my Honda Shadow year 'round rather than saddlebags, and I've seen one guy use his to haul his groceries home.

What matters is the license plate and how far from home you are. People are curious about solo riders and stop to talk. I've camped and had people bring over breakfasts and, once, a full dinner, been offered cookies, pop, beer, coffee, advice, ride suggestions. I've fielded innumerable questions about riding and what bike I have, heard stories about trips they had taken years ago, and listened while they wished they were doing what I'm doing.

I don't get the same interest when riding with others. Perhaps a solo rider isn't intimidating whereas a group is. So load the T-Bag and go, I think you will be pleasantly pleased.

I own a tourer, but if I had a bike that I needed a T-Bag when I traveled, the bag is a good place to pack a little heat.

I live in So. Calif. and travel a lot on my bike to many states and cross country 2 or 3 times a year. Your plates will give away where you are from and that you are from out of town. I have used a T-bag in the past. When I stop to eat I just park where I can see my bike from inside, and sit inside where I can see my bike outside. At night I always carry the T-bag into my room. The only problem I have ever had is people sitting on my bike and posing for pictures. I always ask them what they would do if I opened the door to their car and sat inside without asking permission first?

I live in So. Calif. and travel a lot on my bike to many states and cross country 2 or 3 times a year. Your plates will give away where you are from and that you are from out of town. I have used a T-bag in the past. When I stop to eat I just park where I can see my bike from inside, and sit inside where I can see my bike outside. At night I always carry the T-bag into my room. The only problem I have ever had is people sitting on my bike and posing for pictures. I always ask them what they would do if I opened the door to their car and sat inside without asking permission first?

If u do not mind my asking, what routes do u take and are there any road in particualr u would say are MUST ride roads?

BuzzCap7

I would love to see there face when you ask them that! HAHA. It is funny how people just think they can sit on someone else bike.

About the t-bag. i do not see where it is an issue. If they want to mess with someone they are going to do it regaurdless where you are from or what you are driving/riding.

I live on the central coast of California and have traveled by bike in the western states. Since those trips involve several days of travel I'm always using a large bag on the back of the bike. I park where I can see the bike when I stop to eat. I always take the bag into my room at night. I always lock up the bike and set the alarm (Smart Siren II) when I'm not riding it.

A lot of hotels and motels will let you park at or near the entrance to the lobby where the staff can keep an eye on the bike. Several motels have let me park the bike under the awning over the motel entrance right by the front doors. I always ask permission to do so and the staff has always promised to keep an eye on my bike. If I can't park in sight of the lobby then I park in a well-lit portion of the parking lot where I can watch the bike from my room.

I usually avoid staying overnight in big cities - too much crime there whether you have a bike or a car.

Back