free website stats program glow pods | Harley Davidson Forums

glow pods

flipper

Account Removed
Got a set of glow lights for Christmas. Where exactly would you recommend that I put the six light pods on my 09 Heritage engine??

If you haven't done so already, check your local laws about accessory lighting on vehicles. Something far in the back of my head tells me that some city/states don't have a sense of humor when it comes to extra lighting.

If you haven't done so already, check your local laws about accessory lighting on vehicles. Something far in the back of my head tells me that some city/states don't have a sense of humor when it comes to extra lighting.

I think that is only for certain colors of lights such as blue lights. Obviously the only ones that can have blue lights are the police.

Shoot, there are cages all up and down the highway in Mississippi with those blue looking lights. I don't see what the problem would be with purple ones, but I will check the law. The other thing is, I rarely ride when it's late. I just know that they look really cool on a bike when it's parked, like at a restaurant. Just wondering if anyone has put them on their bike and if so, where were they mounted. I will do what the instructions say and lightly tape them in place and see how they look.
WAP.gif

Shoot, there are cages all up and down the highway in Mississippi with those blue looking lights. I don't see what the problem would be with purple ones, but I will check the law. The other thing is, I rarely ride when it's late. I just know that they look really cool on a bike when it's parked, like at a restaurant. Just wondering if anyone has put them on their bike and if so, where were they mounted. I will do what the instructions say and lightly tape them in place and see how they look.
WAP.gif

I understand what you mean when you see cagers with the additional lighting. Hopefully I'm wrong and there are no legalities to contend with. Good idea doing a temporary test fit! The only other suggestion I might have is two lights, underside of tank, to light up each cylinder. Both sides of bike.

I wonder, can you rig lights to highlight wheel rims? One on the inside of front fork, one on inside of rear swingarm. Yeah, I know, you'll have to get a couple more to do both sides.

Please do not forget this:
More is Good
A Lot is Better
Too Much would be just about Right!

Also, we're gonna insist on pictures!

Cheers!

Over Thanksgiving I was in the Osage Beach HD and they had a bike that a vendor had "lit up" It was cool, it would do just about anything, toggle between colors or stay one color, even remote controlled. The sales guy did mention that Red and Blue were colors that caused consternation with Law enforcement. Non the less it was very well done and you couldn't even see the source light.

I understand what you mean when you see cagers with the additional lighting. Hopefully I'm wrong and there are no legalities to contend with. Good idea doing a temporary test fit! The only other suggestion I might have is two lights, underside of tank, to light up each cylinder. Both sides of bike.

I wonder, can you rig lights to highlight wheel rims? One on the inside of front fork, one on inside of rear swingarm. Yeah, I know, you'll have to get a couple more to do both sides.

Please do not forget this:
More is Good
A Lot is Better
Too Much would be just about Right!

Also, we're gonna insist on pictures!

Cheers!

Alright, I would like to have more pods to put on, but this is ghetto enough for now. :D
Here are photos as requested, although they just don't do it justice. The lights are purple. They look blue in the pics. You really do need to click on the bar for these.........
flipper-albums-harley+adventures+2012-picture8000-glow_pods_right.jpg

flipper-albums-harley+adventures+2012-picture7999-glow_pods_left.jpg

I have had them on several bikes now.....mine were on my bike when I bought it just needed some tinkering. The only reason I did it on my bikes is it was cheap and looked pretty cool....my last bike it cost me like $40 for the whole thing....the previous owner of my bike gave me the receipt for what they paid...$600!!!!

Back