free website stats program Gloves? | Harley Davidson Forums

Gloves?

DDogg

THis might have been asked before, I missed it. What type of gloves are worn in 30 to 50 degree weather. I have bad circulation in my hands and they get cold. I have some nice leather gloves but no lining. Naturally you don't want to take away from your grip. I don't have heated grips. I want to ride during these cold morning but I can't find a pair that do the job. I ride 20 miles one way to work. With what I have now, half way to work and I can't feel the clutch.

For temps below 60 degrees I wear the full gloves with cuffs large enough to cover my jacket sleeves. With temps below 45 degrees, I wear gortex glove liners that add a layer and seem to do the trick.

Last edited:
I have the Fox Creek Leather, Full Gauntlet with Thinsulate lining. Not the warmest you can fine, but I ride an hour into work. Coldest I rode was about 35 degrees, my hands were cold by the time I got here, but they would have been fine for a shorter ride. If only I could keep the wind off my hands these would be perfect, just not windproof. Good news is they were only 50 bucks. Other more expensive alternative for you is to invest in some heated grips, that sounds like what you need.

I appreciate the pain. I'm back into riding after 30 years. My first Harley, bought a FatBob. I know back in the 70's, I'd wear a t-shirt and gym shoes riding my Triumph. I'm 55 and the cold takes it's toll on my hands. I bought a really nice leather when I got the bike. Best investment I made. Boy that keeps the cold out. Just my hands. I guess I could look into heated grips but there has to be a good pair of gloves out there. I appreciate all the feedback.

Anything with Gore-tex,,,, because Gore-Tex is windproof. I used to drive 70mph in my Ranger in cold weather,,,never felt the cold with Gore-tex.

I just bought a pair of Olympia Gaunlet Gore-tex thinsulated and did a ride test in 38* with three other riders who wore HD windefenders(SP?) the same one that I bought from HD but did not keep my hands warm enough for me, they all got cold hands and have to stop for a short break to warm thier hands up, myself, I feel little cold but not cold cold and still have a feeling of all of my fingers. My next set will be HD heated gloves.

I've looked at the G3 from Gerbing and also heard lots of good thing about them but how do they compare to HD heated gloves?

I like Geier gloves unlined deer skin down to about 45 then I switch to a lined pair of deer skin gloves. That usually does the trick down to as cold as I can ride in. The heated stuff from gerbing is quality stuff I just don't need to drop the coin for the heated cloths.

For warm weather - Suggs fingerless type. Really tough fabric, padded palm and little pocket things on the backs of the middle fingers. Really helps to get the gloves off, especially when hot and sweaty. About 5-6 dollars.
Cold weather - Olympia gauntlet style 4296. Leather on the palms, the rest is a GoreTex with Primaloft insulation. About $50 at aftermarket cycle shops.
Rode with the Olympia down around lower 40's. So far, so good
doc

Back