free website stats program Glove recomendation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Glove recomendation

I haven't found much that stays waterproof forever. I always end up using some type of rub-on/spray-on product to keep the waterproofing property.

Takes a little time to do, and you have to maintain but you can make most gloves reasonably waterproof. I go for fit and warmth over waterproof.

Even my Gerbing heated gloves got soaked inside: If you ride in rain for a long time you will find that the membranes that are "breathable" only work so long when/if you are in heavy rain for a few hours. The membrane can't let the water vapor from your hands out if the outer surface is constantly wet. Eventually your own perspiration make the inside wet, just like wearing rubber gloves. But again, that is if you ride in mucho raino....

I like unlined gauntlets in the summer and spring and Fall and thinsulate or Gerbings T5's in the colder months. If it is really raining I have a pair of linemans rubber gloves that fit over my other gloves and keeps them dry.
Just make sure whatever you buy fit's "like a glove" to coin a phrase! Also try them on and check them out while your holding onto your handgrips if you can. If your in a bike shop that shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes what feels good when you first try it on doesn't bend arond the handgrips well, they may be a little too tight when your fingers are bent and holding on. Also some gloves have the seems in the wrong place in the palms and it can be uncomfortable on the grips after a while. A Good leather balm or conditioner is a must to keep them treated. I always wear gloves even if I'm riding in a T shirt in summer. One little mishap and your hands usually get the road rash. Better the golves than my hands.

You might want to look for a pair like mine. They are leather (palms at least), insulated and have handy waterproof mittens in a unnoticeable zip pocket on the back of each gauntlet. Overall 13" long, 6" above wrist. I've had them for more than 15 years and they have done everything needed for Georgia winters. They snugly fit over jacket sleeves The only tags inside say 3M Thinsulate. I got them from a vendor at bike week, but you could probably search them up. If I bought them, they were reasonably priced.

Attachments

• gauntlet gloves 001.jpg
    gauntlet gloves 001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 17
Back