free website stats program Glove recomendation | Harley Davidson Forums

Glove recomendation

dogdad

I've been looking to get a pair of leather gauntlet gloves, and HD has two pair that seem interesting. One pair has Gortex but no insulation, and the one with insulation is not waterproof....go figure. Any suggestions of other brands that I should look into? I don't want the $20 pair of gloves, but something that will last, be warm, and waterproof. I did a search on this forum and didn't find much info.

I bought a pair from Fox Creek (Fox Creek Leather - Motorcycle Jackets, Chaps, Motorcycle Vests, Gear) along with a jacket - my first thought after receiving them was that I paid too much, but after running with them through November, I couldn't be happier. They're comfortable, fit well, and for unlined gloves, they did a pretty good job of keeping my hands warm. I still need to get a pair of perforated gloves from them - maybe some lined ones, too. I don't think you'd be disappointed with their product - and it's made in America. Always a plus!

if you want something to last get Geier gloves. Made out in Oregon. They have deerskin, elkskin and kangaroo. you can get the deer skin lined if you need to but I do pretty good with unlined kangaroo or deerskin down to about 45 or 50 degrees. When it gets down below 50 i throw on a silk glove liner.

I have a pair of Joe Rocket gloves bought several years ago. They are water resistant, gortex lined, and insulated. Warm as toast. Must say, don't get to ware them much in Alabama, temp needs to be low to ware them. Great for anything below 45 or 50. Need to find some new ones, these are kinda old.

I have HD's Gortex riding gloves & wear them in NE during winter (not while riding). Also use during early spring & late fall rides to keep hands warm - work well. Used a gift card to purchase otherwise I probably would've bought elsewhere b/c they were a tad spendy ($75). I know there's better quality out there - just have to research.:newsmile082:

I bought a pair of Gerbing heated gauntlets. They are good quality and very warm. I didn't bother to plug them in until it got below freezing. Very comfortable also.

I hear a lot of endorsements for Fox Creek products on this site so I went to "Shaker's" Fox Creek link that was posted in his reply and read the reviews on the Gauntlet glove. There is one fellow there who says he has the HD Gauntlet Gloves (as I do) and he says that they are too short for a gauntlet (I have to agree with that too)
I haven't personally purchased any Fox Creek products but after reading Steve's review which was spot on, I think that I would give them a try.
Like I said earlier, a lot of straight forward folks on this forum endorse Fox Creek so I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

Dog

I thought the Harley gaunlets were too short, ended up with gaunlets I bought from a local place called the Leather Locker, lined but not waterproof, keeps me pretty warm on the colder rides.

Get good quality ALL leather gloves (what I mean is the gauntlet part of many gloves are often made of "leatherette" (manmade stuff), that often tears after a bit. If you are looking for waterproof, get ripstop nylon gauntler covers that slip over them...I prefer the 3 finger type (yeah, weird I know) because I ride often in traffic with two fingers over the brake lever, the mitten type too clumsy and finding full finger type is even tougher to find (3 fingered glove covers are from 1980 TourMasters that self destructed years ago).

Course, back in the 80's there were insulated "Hippo Hands" that velcroed onto the hand controls (you ride by feel anyway), which looked pretty "hokey" but they were taken off my bike stored in my Eclipse tank bag back in my Sport Touring days...

Back