free website stats program Gloss black engine guard kit | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gloss black engine guard kit

I just went to the Lindby web site and found ones specifically made for the Crossbones. Amazing!

This is so much better than politics :)

Here we go.... Lindby Custom Inc.MULTIBAR :: Harley Davidson

You will really like the Lindby Multi-bar, it is 1 1/4" so you can get the HD long or short 360 mounts (hopefully they can be had in black also) and Willie G. pegs...I got the chrome version for my Sporty and they look great and work just fine. :D

Thanks for the advice. Would I still need highway pegs with the Lindby?

I did, as I am only 5' 6" and the air cleaner on the right side is in the way. I have forward controls by MAPAM and also mid Mini-Wing floorboards for rough and ready spirited riding. :D

Docsledge, I've been eyeing the High Five Air Cleaner from Kuryakyn for a while. Looks real good on your bike.

One question. Does it stick out further than the stock hd cover? Didn't want to get the thing if my knee would be hitting it.

So I spent the majority of my day deciding how to spend my income tax return...:D and after figuring the stage 2 kit was to rich for my blood, and really I have no business going any faster than I already do, I decided to go for comfort and looks. I found these gloss black engine guards on the harley website. Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories My debate on this is with the look of the bike. Right now I have a fairly clean minimal look. If I add these engine guards I will be FORCED to add highway pegs. If I do that I will probably want to add the passing lamps and of course the front mounted horn. You know, just to round the beast out a bit. :bigsmiley12:

Whatcha think? Keep it as low profile as possible, or go nuts?

You must know by now that getting hooked on buying harley parts is no different than being hooked on heroine.Once you start it's hard to stop.Aren't we all hooked on the HD drug?

Harley-Davidson does have a set of black engine guards as well. The only thing that is dissapointing is that if you're going to add highway pegs, there are only chrome clamps for the pegs. I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Back