free website stats program glider's fork oil change tool | Harley Davidson Forums

glider's fork oil change tool

anarchy

have a couple questions on glider's fork oil change tool... i would have replied to the original post, but it appears the article is too old to allow posts. :wall next, i would have inserted a link to the original post in this post, but since i haven't posted enough yet, i can't create a link. :wall

first, in the first picture of your tools, the tube on the left with the green adapter, with the check value. what do you use the green adapter for??

second, again in the first picture, on the left end of the 'tool' in the center, it shows two threaded nuts. was the head cut off the bolt holding the two nuts??

thanks...

have a couple questions on glider's fork oil change tool... i would have replied to the original post, but it appears the article is too old to allow posts. :wall next, i would have inserted a link to the original post in this post, but since i haven't posted enough yet, i can't create a link. :wall

first, in the first picture of your tools, the tube on the left with the green adapter, with the check value. what do you use the green adapter for??

second, again in the first picture, on the left end of the 'tool' in the center, it shows two threaded nuts. was the head cut off the bolt holding the two nuts??

thanks...

Howdy anarchy

I moved your post here because it was not linked to the one in the self help forum. That section is for replying to a post already there and not for starting a new post. In that section the NOTE at the bottom can be ignored for now.

The green tube on the left goes on the end of the hard tube at the right end of the picture for drawing in the fork oil after you pull the vacuum on the tube. The large tube is for drawing a vacuum.

In reference to the two nuts, yes the head was cut off the bolt so that there would be an unthreaded portion of the bolt to attach the hose to (shoulder bolt) The large tube at the right is for attaching to my vacuum pump to draw the vacuum from the fork leg, then switched to the smaller one to draw in the fork oil.

I think we covered it all now?

Easy Fork Oil Change On Baggers - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited:
thanks for getting the post in the right place. it would have been a lot easier if i could have replied to the original post. i'm not sure how i got it posted to where i got it posted, i was just happy to post!!! :D

yes, you did answer all my questions (for now :s). much apprecaited... keep up the great work for those of us that are mentally challenged in mc maintenance. i like all your articles.

Thanks anarchy. You could have replied as I said after that post in the self help forum as long as it pertained to that tip posted.

Back