free website stats program Glider Please Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Glider Please Help

MIHDrider

Glider or anyone else that may know,

I searched for this and there is nothing so I thought I would ask you. How hard is it to change a Tssm on an 05 EG. I am not very mechanical but if you say it can be done I am sure it can be. I am having issues and the dealer says that changing it is the most likely solution but if I can do it myself I will.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

It just plugs in to the socket in the panel, then you have to do the password relearn below . Some people have problems with this and let the dealer do it with the digital tech for them.

Marrying NEW TSSM To Bike (password relearn) - Harley Davidson Community

What problems are you having, is the dealer guessing with your money?

Check for codes...

Checking TSM/TSSM Trouble Codes - Harley Davidson Community

Glider I hope you are ready for a dissertation :D

History: I have had some electrical bugs since I got this bike. First year lost all of the lights and gauges. Fixed by the dealer. Second summer lost speedo and tach with check eng and sec light on. Was in New York, dealer said could not find anything could have been the rain I was driving in day before. NO biggie it was fixed. Last summer, down south (see the pattern always happens away from home) check eng light and sec light and lose speedo. Dealer reseats what I assume to be the tsm/tssm and no problems from there. This summer starts again with lights but speedo never goes, go to local dealer clear codes, I am good until in Milwaukee 3 weeks ago. Same check eng light and sec light, speedo still good. Get back local dealer says prob tsm/tssm, they dont clear codes (I just did and they are historic), say I can ride with no afteraffects or leave and they trace problem. Well I ride as much as I can will fix in winter. Hopefully this is ok. Last thing, these lights are not on constantly, the come and go and the sec light does not always light up.

Now as for the codes. None in the tsm/tssm show up. Check DTCs. In the P I get U1097 (Loss of speedo serial data EFI or loss of TSM/TSSM). In S I get U1097 and U1255 (missing Message at Speedo EFI, Serial Data Error/Missing Message EFI, SDE/MM Instruments, or SDE/MM TSM/TSSM). In SP I get U1064 (Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data EFI, or loss of TSM/TSSM serial data Instruments). Also I get part Numbers of 32915-05 & 68922-00c & 67349-04 & 67348-04a (all of which I have no clue and probably need to check out).

Hopefully with all of your knowledge you can provide some insight. Thanks Again:small3d008:

Glider.. ok found what youe were talking about. Removed the bolt but could not get that piece to come out. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I would also check the ground wires, where they attach to the frame. There are several places where there are grounds, a shop manual electrical diagram will help you find them. I have seen these "come and go" problems frequently traced to a bad ground. They can be particularly sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity.

Make sure the screw into the metal is tight, but don't over torque them, they will strip out. Also look for corrosion around the lug to metal connection and check the crimp where the wire is crimped to the lug.

Back